The TikTok treasure box is an exciting feature available during TikTok live streams. It allows viewers to spend their coins to unlock prizes left by the broadcaster.
However, sometimes the treasure box fails to show up during streams. Here are the most common reasons why and detailed troubleshooting steps to fix it.
Why Is My TikTok Treasure Box Not Showing?
There are a few potential reasons why the TikTok treasure box isn’t appearing during a live stream, even though the broadcaster has set it up:
Poor Internet Connection
If your internet speed is slow or inconsistent, TikTok may fail to load the treasure box properly. Check for issues like buffering, pixelation, or errors during the stream.
Outdated App Version
An outdated version of the TikTok app could be the culprit. Newer versions include bug fixes and performance improvements for features like the Treasure Box.
Temporary Technical Glitches
Sometimes simple software glitches prevent interactive elements like the treasure box from loading correctly. These are often temporary.
Issues with Streamer’s Device/Account
The problem may not be on your end but with the broadcaster’s device or TikTok account settings. Ask them if they’re experiencing issues.
Only Available During Live Streams
Treasure boxes are exclusively available during live broadcasts, not on replays or uploaded videos. Check that the stream is still live.
How to Fix TikTok Treasure Box Not Showing
Have you ever tried to access the Treasure Box feature during a TikTok live stream, only to find it missing?
This interactive element allows viewers to spend coins to unlock prizes offered by streamers. When it fails to load, it can be frustrating.
Before you get disappointed, try these troubleshooting steps to get the Treasure Box working again:
Check Your Internet Speed
The first thing to check is your internet access. Loading interactive components requires a stable and fast internet connection.
- Run a speed test on your device to measure your current bandwidth. Generally, you’ll need at least 10 Mbps download speeds for HD TikTok videos.
- If the speed test shows an issue, try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if connectivity improves.
- Also move closer to your wireless router if you’re on Wi-Fi or reposition yourself or device to get a stronger mobile signal.
An unreliable internet connection is often the culprit behind a spotty Treasure Box experience.
Update to the Latest Version of TikTok
Like all apps, TikTok gets frequent updates. Using an outdated version can lead to problems with new features like the Treasure Box.
To update the TikTok app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select Manage apps & device.
- Scroll down to find TikTok. If an update is available, you’ll see an “Update” button next to it.
- Tap “Update” and wait for the app to update.
To update the TikTok app on iPhone:
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap on the App Store icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to see a list of apps with available updates. If TikTok has an update, you’ll see an “Update” button next to it.
- Tap “Update” and wait for the app to update.
Keeping TikTok updated is an easy fix for glitches you may experience.
Force Close and Relaunch the App
Sometimes restarting the TikTok app itself can resolve temporary issues:
- Completely close out of TikTok on your device by removing it from the background app tray.
- Give it 10-15 seconds before relaunching TikTok.
- Head back to the live broadcast and see if the Treasure Box loads correctly.
This basic reset will clear out any app caching errors that may have prevented the box from rendering properly.
Clear TikTok’s Cache and Data
More persistent app problems may require digging deeper to clear out the cache and app data:
Here are the steps on how to clear TikTok cache on your Phone:
1. Open the TikTok app:
- Locate the TikTok app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
2. Go to your Profile:
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. It’s the icon that looks like a person’s silhouette.
3. Access Settings and Privacy:
- In the top right corner of your profile page, tap the three-line menu icon (☰).
- From the menu that appears, select “Settings and Privacy.”
4. Find the “Free up space” option:
- Scroll down to the “Cache & Cellular Data” section.
- Tap on “Free up space.”
5. Clear the cache:
- You’ll see the amount of storage space currently used by the cache.
- Tap the “Clear” button next to “Cache.”
- Confirm by tapping “Clear” again in the pop-up window.
You may want to take a look at how to clear TikTok cache without opening the app if you do not want to launch the app.
Reopen TikTok and log back into your account. Give the live video another try.
This forces the app to rebuild necessary data files related to features like the Treasure Box.
Reinstall the TikTok App
If other steps don’t restore the Treasure Box, completely removing and reinstalling TikTok may resolve deeper issues:
- Go to your device app store and find TikTok. Initiating an uninstall.
- Once removed, download a fresh copy of TikTok and install.
- Log into your TikTok account again and switch back to the live stream.
This method essentially resets the app from scratch on your device. It can eliminate stubborn bugs preventing things like Treasure Boxes from working properly.
Check if the Stream Has Treasure Box Enabled
The Treasure Box is an optional feature that streamers have to actively enable before going live:
- Look around the video frame for any on-screen indicator that the streamer has enabled Treasure Box.
- You can also ask the broadcaster directly in the comment section if they have activated the game for that broadcast.
- If not, you’ll have to wait until another stream where the creator decides to deploy Treasure Box.
Without broadcaster input, viewers won’t have access to sending virtual gifts or unlocking surprises.
Confirm You’re Watching a Live Broadcast
It may sound obvious, but do double check that you are viewing a live stream rather than a replay:
- In the stream interface, look for the blinking red “Live” indicator dot. That signals an in-progress show.
- Replays will lack that live notification and interactive elements won’t be available.
- Return to the broadcaster’s profile and select a stream currently tagged as “Live” for the best Treasure Box experience.
If you only see a replay without treasure boxes, find an actively broadcasting creator to participate.
Quickly Refresh the Page
A simple refresh can help if you briefly lost connectivity or experienced a momentary glitch:
- In TikTok’s stream viewer, tap your device’s refresh icon, likely a circular arrow icon.
- This forces TikTok to reload all page elements from scratch, including potential Treasure Box implementation.
- Check if the issue is now resolved once the stream reloads.
Sometimes a quick reset of the live video layout does the trick for stubborn interface problems.
Try Viewing From Another Device
Incompatible devices or resolutions could potentially interfere with complex interactive overlays.
- As a test, open the live stream on a different device like a tablet, computer, or second smartphone logged into your TikTok account.
- Check if Treasure Box renders for you on the alternate device’s display.
- If so, an issue with your original viewing device could be preventing full support.
Experiment to isolate whether device-dependent display constraints impact your ability to leverage this second screen feature.
Ask the Streamer About Potential Issues
As the broadcaster enabling and operating Treasure Box features, the creator may be aware of errors or limitations affecting the experience:
- In the live chat, politely ask the streamer if they are experiencing any issues or restrictions with Treasure Box for that stream.
- Provide specific details about your device type, operating system, and what symptom you are observing – no box showing, boxes not opening, etc.
- Any guidance they can offer might help you troubleshoot further on the audience side.
Submitting viewer bug reports directly to broadcasters helps them diagnose and improve the robustness of interactive viewing tools.
Try Alternative Viewer Engagement Options
If you still are unable to get Treasure Box functioning, don’t lose hope! TikTok’s live streams offer diverse options to engage and support creators:
- You can react to exciting stream moments with comment emojis to hype up the room’s energy.
- Send virtual gift packages to let broadcasters know you appreciate their effort and content.
- Increase their prominence by sharing the live video on other social platforms so more viewers participate.
When one path fails, exploring parallel avenues facilitates you staying involved and keeping fan morale high!
Take A Break and Check Back Later
Despite your best efforts, the root cause may be beyond your control. Technical difficulties happen to all streamers occasionally.
- Frustration will only dampen the enjoyment of participating in an otherwise fun live video.
- Consider taking a breather and coming back a bit later or watching a different broadcast in the near term.
- There’s a good chance that the original streamer resolves the issue on their end within a reasonable timeframe.
Staying flexible when online entertainment services have temporary hiccups maintains positive energy until the problems fade away.
Report Persistent Problems to TikTok
If Treasure Box never seems to load reliably over multiple attempts, directly engaging with TikTok customer support may be necessary:
- In the TikTok app, go to your profile icon > Settings and privacy > Report a problem to reach out to their help team.
- Thoroughly document your device specifications, operating system, TikTok version, a summary of troubleshooting attempts, and screenshots of any error messages.
- The more details TikTok has, the quicker they can address buggy features impairing certain viewer experiences.
While waiting for a fix, continue participating creatively on those TikTok live streams accessible to you.
With persistence and flexibility, you’ll eventually enjoy engaging broadcasters through all of TikTok’s innovations meant to bring fans closer than ever to the creators they adore.