If you’re an active LinkedIn user, you may have encountered an issue where the comments section of a post fails to load. This can be frustrating, especially if you’re trying to engage with other users or follow up on a conversation.
Fortunately, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve this issue and get back to using LinkedIn as usual.
One possible reason why you’re experiencing this issue is due to a glitch in LinkedIn’s system. LinkedIn is a large platform with a lot of users, so it’s not uncommon for glitches to occur from time to time.
If this is the case, you may need to wait a few hours or a day for the issue to be resolved. However, there are a few other steps you can take to try and fix the issue on your end.
In the following sections, we’ll explore some potential solutions to the problem of LinkedIn comments not loading. Whether you’re experiencing this issue on a desktop or mobile device, we’ll cover some basic troubleshooting steps you can take to get the comments section working again.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to stay engaged with other LinkedIn users and continue building your professional network.
By understanding the possible causes of the issue, you can take steps to resolve it and get back to using LinkedIn as normal.
Why LinkedIn Comments are not Loading
If you are experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments not loading, there are several possible causes that you should consider. Here are some of the most common ones:
Your browser could be the culprit behind the problem. If you are using an outdated browser, it may not be compatible with the latest version of LinkedIn. Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve this issue.
Try using a different browser to see if the issue persists. Some browser extensions, such as ad blockers or pop-up blockers, can also affect LinkedIn’s functionality. Consider disabling them to see if that solves the problem.
VPN and Internet Connection Issues
If you are using a VPN, it could be causing issues with LinkedIn’s servers. Try disconnecting from your VPN and see if that resolves the issue.
Additionally, a poor internet connection can cause comments to fail to load. Check your internet connection speed and try resetting your router if necessary.
DNS (Domain Name System) issues can also cause problems with LinkedIn comments loading. If your DNS is not set up correctly, your browser may not be able to connect to LinkedIn’s servers.
Try changing your DNS settings to see if that resolves the issue.
Other Possible Causes
Other possible causes of LinkedIn comments not loading include:
- LinkedIn server issues
- Profile-related issues
- Third-party software conflicts
- Incorrect LinkedIn settings
If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to LinkedIn’s customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide you with additional troubleshooting tips or resolve the issue on their end.
How to Fix LinkedIn Comments not Loading or “Couldn’t Load Comments”
If you’re experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments not loading, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue.
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should do is check your internet connection. Ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection and that there are no connectivity issues.
Here are some tips on how to check your internet connection to potentially resolve the LinkedIn “Couldn’t Load Comments” error:
- Restart your router and modems – If you’re connected to WiFi, simply unplugging your router and modem for 10 seconds and plugging them back in can help. This refreshes the connection.
- Switch between WiFi and cellular data – If you’re on WiFi, try loading LinkedIn using your cellular data or vice versa. Seeing if one connection works over the other can help identify the issue.
- Test your internet speed – Go to a website like Speedtest.net and run a test of your download/upload speeds. This can determine if your connection is slow or inconsistent, which could cause loading issues.
Checking your internet connection is one of the first steps to take whenever encountering loading errors on LinkedIn or other sites and apps.
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve issues with LinkedIn comments not loading.
This error indicates a problem loading the page resources necessary to display comments. One effective troubleshooting step is to clear your browser cache and cookies for LinkedIn.
Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Open Chrome and click the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Select “More tools” then “Clear browsing data”.
- In the dialog box, select “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data”.
- Set the time range to “All time”.
- Click “Clear data”.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Select “Options” then click “Privacy & Security” on the left sidebar.
- Under the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click “Clear Data”.
- Select “Cookies” and ensure “Cached Web Content” is checked.
- Set the time range to “Everything”.
- Click “Clear”.
- Click “Safari” in the top left corner and select “Preferences”.
- Go to the “Privacy” tab and click “Manage Website Data”.
- Search for “linkedin.com” and remove it.
- Click “Remove All” to clear the rest of the cached data.
Clearing this website data forces your browser to re-download a fresh copy of LinkedIn’s files and remove corrupted cookies.
Make sure to test loading LinkedIn comments again after clearing the browser data. If the issue persists, there may be a larger technical issue requiring further troubleshooting.
Disable Browser Extensions
Sometimes, browser extensions can interfere with the functionality of LinkedIn. Try disabling any browser extensions you have installed and see if that resolves the issue.
Try Using a Different Browser
If you’re still experiencing issues, try using a different browser. For example, if you’re using Google Chrome, try using Firefox or Safari instead. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your browser.
Clear the LinkedIn App Cache
If you are encountering the “LinkedIn Couldn’t Load Comments” error while using the LinkedIn mobile app, clearing the app’s cache can often resolve the issue.
The app cache stores temporary data and can become corrupted over time, leading to problems loading pages and content within the app. Here are the steps to clear the LinkedIn app cache:
- Open your iOS Settings and tap on the LinkedIn app listing.
- Tap on the option that says “Offload App” or “Delete App”. This will clear all cached data.
- Reinstall the LinkedIn app from the App Store.
- Open your Android Settings and go to “Apps”.
- Tap on the LinkedIn app.
- Tap “Storage and cache” and then tap “Clear Cache” to delete the cache.
Alternatively, you can also reinstall the LinkedIn app which will automatically clear the cache.
Clearing the app cache gives the LinkedIn app a fresh start, deleting any corrupted files or data that could be interfering with pages loading properly.
After clearing the cache, open the LinkedIn app again and try to load comments that previously did not work.
The “LinkedIn Couldn’t Load Comments” error should now be resolved in most cases. Make sure to also check your internet connection for stability as well when troubleshooting.
Turn Off VPN
If you’re using a VPN, try turning it off and see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes, VPNs can interfere with the functionality of LinkedIn.
Check DNS Settings
If you’re experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments not loading, it may be due to DNS settings. Try changing your DNS settings to see if that resolves the issue.
Sign Out and Sign In Again
If you are consistently seeing the comments not loading error when trying to view discussions on posts, signing out and then back into your LinkedIn account can often resolve the issue.
Here are the steps to sign out and sign back in:
- Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner of LinkedIn.
- Click “Sign out” in the dropdown menu.
- On the Sign in page, enter your LinkedIn email and password to log back into your account.
On Mobile App:
- Tap on your profile avatar in the top left corner.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap “Sign out”.
- Close the LinkedIn app completely.
- Re-launch the LinkedIn app and sign in with your credentials again.
Signing out will reset your account session and clear any corrupted cookies or cached data that could be interfering with loading comments properly. Signing back in syncs your account access token and pulls the latest data from LinkedIn’s servers.
Be sure to test loading post comments after signing in again. The “LinkedIn Couldn’t Load Comments” error should no longer occur if the issue was due to a session or authentication problem. This quick and easy sign out/sign in workaround often resolves temperamental loading issues on LinkedIn.
Contact LinkedIn Support
If you’ve tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and you’re still experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments not showing, it’s time to contact LinkedIn support.
Contact the support team and explain the issue you’re experiencing. They should be able to provide further assistance.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve any issues you’re experiencing with LinkedIn comments not loading.