Are you experiencing an issue with your LinkedIn posts where comments are not showing or disappearing? You are not alone.
Many LinkedIn users have reported this problem, and it can be frustrating when you are trying to engage with your audience and build your network. This issue can have a negative impact on your LinkedIn strategy, but there are ways to address it.
According to recent reports, LinkedIn has acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix. However, they have not provided a timeline for when this issue will be resolved. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to mitigate the problem.
For example, you can turn off comments on your posts or limit them to certain people. This may not be an ideal solution, but it can help prevent comments from disappearing altogether.
If you are experiencing this issue, it is important to stay informed and up-to-date on any developments. Check LinkedIn’s help center and official social media pages for updates on the status of the issue.
In the meantime, consider alternative ways of engaging with your audience, such as through direct messages or email.
Remember, building a strong network on LinkedIn takes time and effort, but with patience and persistence, you can overcome any obstacles that come your way.
Common Issues with LinkedIn Comments
If you are experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments, you are not alone. Many users have reported problems with comments disappearing or not showing up, causing frustration and confusion.
Let’s explore some of the most common issues with LinkedIn comments and what you can do to resolve them.
One of the most frustrating issues with LinkedIn comments is when they disappear. This can happen for several reasons, including:
- LinkedIn’s algorithm may have flagged the comment as spam or inappropriate and removed it.
- The person who posted the comment may have deleted it themselves.
- There may be a glitch or bug in the LinkedIn system that caused the comment to disappear.
If your comment has disappeared, the first step is to check if it violates LinkedIn’s policies. If it does, you may not be able to recover it. However, if you believe the comment was removed in error, contact LinkedIn support and ask them to investigate.
Comments Not Showing
Another issue with LinkedIn comments is when they do not show up at all. This can be frustrating, especially if you want to engage with other users.
Some reasons why comments may not show up include:
- The LinkedIn post may have reached its comment limit.
- LinkedIn may be experiencing technical issues that are preventing comments from showing up.
- The person who posted the comment may have deleted it themselves.
If your comments are not showing up, try refreshing the page or logging out and logging back in. If the issue persists, contact LinkedIn support for further assistance.
Problems with Different Devices
LinkedIn comments may also behave differently depending on the device you are using. For example, comments may not show up on the LinkedIn mobile app, or you may have trouble searching for comments on the desktop version.
If you are experiencing issues with comments on different devices, try the following:
- Update your LinkedIn app or browser to the latest version.
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- Use a different device or browser to see if the issue persists.
LinkedIn comments can be a valuable tool for engaging with other users and building your professional network. However, they can also be a source of frustration when they do not behave as expected.
By understanding the common issues with LinkedIn comments and how to resolve them, you can ensure that your comments are seen and heard by others.
Why Can’t I See Comments On LinkedIn?
If you are experiencing issues with your LinkedIn comments, there could be a number of reasons why.
Here are some of the most common reasons why your LinkedIn comments may not be showing or may have disappeared.
One reason why your comments may not be showing up on LinkedIn is because of your profile settings. If your profile settings are set to “private,” your comments will not be visible to other users.
To fix this issue, you will need to change your profile settings to “public.”
Another reason why your comments may not be showing up on LinkedIn is because they have been deleted. If you or another user has deleted a comment, it will no longer be visible on the post.
You can check if a comment has been deleted by looking for the “This comment has been deleted” message.
If you are unable to comment on a post, it may be because commenting has been disabled by the post creator or by LinkedIn.
This can happen for a number of reasons, such as if the post violates LinkedIn’s community guidelines or if the post creator has disabled comments on their posts.
How to Fix LinkedIn Comments Not Showing or Disappearing
If you’re experiencing issues with LinkedIn comments not showing or disappearing, there are several steps you can take to fix the problem.
Check Your Internet Connection
Before you start troubleshooting, make sure you have a stable internet connection. Poor internet connectivity can cause issues with LinkedIn comments not showing.
There are free online tools that you can use to test your internet connection:
- Fast.com – simply visit this website and it will start a free internet speed test and display the strength of your internet connection.
- Speed Test – to perform a speed test, visit this website and click on the “Go” button to get started.
If you find out your internet is weak, try resetting your router or modem, or connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists.
Check Your Profile Settings
If you’re not receiving comments on your LinkedIn posts, check your profile settings to make sure you haven’t disabled commenting.
To do this, go to your profile settings and click on “Privacy.” Then, click on “Edit your public profile” and make sure the “Comments” option is turned on.
Refresh LinkedIn Feed
Sometimes, comments may not show up due to a temporary glitch or bug. Try refreshing your LinkedIn feed by clicking on the refresh button or pressing F5 on your keyboard.
Sign Out of LinkedIn and Sign in Again
If refreshing the feed doesn’t work, try signing out of your LinkedIn account and then signing back in. This can help reset any temporary issues with your account.
- Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner of LinkedIn.
- Click “Sign out” in the dropdown menu.
- On the Sign in page, enter your LinkedIn email and password to log back into your account.
On Mobile App:
- Tap on your profile avatar in the top left corner.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Sign out”.
- Close the LinkedIn app completely.
- Re-launch the LinkedIn app and sign in with your credentials again.
Signing out will reset your account session and clear any corrupted cookies or cached data that could be interfering with LinkedIn loading comments properly.
Signing back in syncs your account access token and pulls the latest data from LinkedIn’s servers.
Clear the LinkedIn App Cache
If you’re using the LinkedIn app, clearing the app cache can help fix comment issues.
Here are the steps to clear the cache on iOS and Android devices:
- Go to your iOS Settings and tap the LinkedIn app listing.
- Tap the option that says “Offload App” or “Delete App”. This will clear the cached data.
- Reinstall the LinkedIn app from the App Store.
- Open your Android Settings and go to “Apps”.
- Tap on the LinkedIn app.
- Tap “Storage and cache” and then “Clear Cache” to delete the cache.
The LinkedIn app cache stores temporary data that can sometimes become stale or corrupt over time, leading to issues with comments not rendering properly. Clearing this data forces the app to re-download a fresh set of data from LinkedIn’s servers.
Once you reinstall the app or clear the cache, open LinkedIn and check if the missing comments have reappeared under posts.
The cache clear should resolve the problem if it was being caused by corrupted temporary data. Make sure to also check your internet connection is stable.
Reinstall the LinkedIn App
If clearing the cache doesn’t help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the LinkedIn app.
If you notice comments are not showing up or disappearing on the LinkedIn mobile app, reinstalling the app is an effective troubleshooting step.
Here is how to reinstall LinkedIn on iOS and Android devices:
- Open the App Store and go to your list of installed apps.
- Find the LinkedIn app and tap to open the listing.
- Tap “Delete App” to uninstall LinkedIn.
- Once deleted, search for “LinkedIn” in the App Store search bar.
- Tap “Get” to re-download and install the latest version of the app.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
- Tap “My Apps & Games”.
- Find the LinkedIn app and tap it.
- Tap “Uninstall” to uninstall the app.
- Search for “LinkedIn” in the Play Store search bar.
- Tap “Install” to re-download the app.
Reinstalling the LinkedIn app essentially gives you a clean slate and clears out any corrupted data or bugs that may be interfering with comments loading properly.
Once you reinstall the app, sign back into your LinkedIn account and check if comments are now appearing as expected. A fresh install should resolve any issues caused by bugs in the app itself.
Clear Your Browser Cache
If you’re accessing LinkedIn through a web browser, clearing the browser cache can help restore missing LinkedIn comments.
If you notice comments are not appearing or seem to have disappeared when using LinkedIn on your desktop browser, clearing your browser’s cache can often resolve the issue.
Here are the steps to clear the cache on common browsers:
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the top right and go to More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Select “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and site data”.
- Choose the time range as “All time”.
- Click on “Clear data.”
- Click the 3 horizontal lines and go to Options > Privacy & Security.
- Under Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Data.
- Select Cookies and Cached Web Content.
- Choose the time range as Everything.
- Click Clear.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy and click Manage Website Data.
- Search for linkedin.com and remove it.
- Click Remove All to clear out the rest of the cached data.
Clearing your browser’s cache for LinkedIn forces the browser to re-download the latest set of files from LinkedIn’s servers rather than using any locally cached, potentially corrupted files. This should resolve issues with comments not loading correctly.
After clearing the cache, reload LinkedIn and check if the missing comments are now visible on posts. A clean cache often fixes problems with content not loading properly.
Comply With LinkedIn Comment Guidelines
Make sure you’re complying with LinkedIn’s comment guidelines. If your comments are deemed inappropriate or spammy, they may be removed or hidden.
Contact LinkedIn Support
If none of the above steps work, contact LinkedIn support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and resolve it successfully.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix most LinkedIn comment issues and start receiving comments on your posts again.
Comments are an essential part of LinkedIn engagement. They help build connections, establish trust, and foster relationships. However, it can be frustrating when your comments are not showing or disappearing from your LinkedIn posts.
Through our research, we have discovered that this issue is not uncommon, and it can be caused by various factors such as technical glitches, changes in LinkedIn algorithms, or user settings. While there is no one-size-fits-all solution to this problem, there are some steps you can take to mitigate the issue.
Firstly, ensure that your LinkedIn profile is updated and that you have the latest version of the app or browser. Secondly, check your notification settings to ensure that you are receiving updates on your comments.
Thirdly, try reposting your content or commenting on other posts to see if that resolves the issue. Finally, if all else fails, reach out to LinkedIn support for assistance.
Remember that comments are crucial for building your LinkedIn presence, so don’t give up on engaging with your network. Keep posting and commenting, and eventually, your comments will show up and stay visible. Stay patient, and keep engaging!