Downloading TikTok videos is pretty much straight forward. However, this is not true in instances where the video is seemingly not downloadable or the save video button is not showing.
In this article, we will delve into how to download TikTok videos
- with the TikTok app (on Android or iPhone)
- that can’t be saved
- on Chrome and Firefox
- without watermark
How to Download TikTok Videos with the App (Android and iPhone)
Here’s how to download TikTok videos on both Android phones and iPhones. This method is useful when you want to download one video at a time.
- Locate the Share icon at the bottom of the video and tap on it.
- Tap Save Video. This will save the video file to your phone and can equally be found in your gallery. (Note that the “Save Video” icon will only be visible when the video is public).
How to Download TikTok Videos that Can’t be Saved (or Not Downloadable)
You may have discovered that you can’t download certain videos on TikTok.
Some of these videos are private. Others have their download settings off, restricting you from downloading them.
Yet other videos are neither private nor restricted but can’t be saved due to other factors. We recently published an article on how to resolve the issue if you can’t download TikTok videos.
In this section, the focus is on how to download videos that can’t be saved on the TikTok app or are simply “not downloadable.”
Note that all the methods for downloading TikTok videos that can’t be saved also apply to videos that can be saved. Hence, you can use these methods to download any TikTok video at all, whether restricted or not.
Here are ways to download TikTok videos that can’t be saved with the TikTok app.
1. Use a TikTok Video Downloader App
TikTok video downloaders are apps that have been developed by independent, third-party developers for downloading a TikTok video.
There are several TikTok video downloader apps out there. The one I’ve tested to be efficient is Video Downloader for TikTok, developed by Black Technology Tools.
To use this app to save TikTok videos:
- Download the Video Downloader for TikTok from Google Playstore or the App Store.
- Open the TikTok video you want to download or save.
- Tap on Share then tap the Copy Link. (The link will be copied to the clipboard)
- Launch the TikTok video downloader app you just installed.
- Paste the link to the video in the textbox then proceed to tap on the button labelled “Paste & Download. (In most instances, the app will automatically paste the link and start with the download right away.
2. Screen Record the Video
Another alternative to using TikTok video downloaders is by screen-recording the video. Most recent phones have this in-built functionality.
- Open the TikTok video you want to save.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone and tap Record Screen.
- To stop the recording, tap on the Screen Record. The video will be saved to your gallery.
If you do not have the screen record feature on your phone, you can equally download a screen recording app.
3. Download the Video from Third-Party Websites
Just like TikTok video downloader apps, there are various online tools or websites that you can use to download TikTok videos to your computer or phone.
One such website is Savefrom.net.
To download a TikTok video with this website:
- Copy the link to the video you want to download.
- Visit Savefrom.net using your phone or computer. Paste the link to the video in the text box.
- Select a video resolution and click or tap on “Download.”
Another website is tikmate.online.
4. Use a Browser Extension
A browser extension, as the name suggests, is a software that adds more features and functionality to your browser.
There are browser extension for seamlessly downloading TikTok videos whether public or private videos.
Generally speaking, you can download TikTok videos on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other browser by either
- using a website like Savefrom.net (as discussed above) or
- using browser extensions
Let’s take a closer look at how to use Chromre and Firefox browser extensions to download TikTok videos.
How to Download TikTok Videos on Chrome or Firefox
To download a TikTok video using a Chrome browser extension or Firefox extension:
- Visit the Chrome Web Store or Firefox add-ons page.
- Search for “TikTok Video Downloader” or “Video Downloader for TikTok.”
- Install “TikMate: TikTok Video Dowloader.” Click on Add to Chrome and confirm the action.
- Open the TikTok video you want to download. Identify the download icon and click on it.
Every browser extension has its own way of working. While some browser extension display the download button on the video, others require you to paste the link on the extension’s page for it to download.
How to Download TikTok Videos without a Watermark
By default, every TikTok video you download will have the TikTok logo as well as the username of the video creator.
To download TikTok videos without any watermark, we have to use third-party online tools.
Here are some effective apps and websites to download TikTok videos without a watermark:
SnapTik is of the tools that download TikTok videos without any watermark.
To use this tool to download TikTok videos:
- Press the Share video icon underneath the video and tap on “copy Link.” (for Android phones and iPhones). If you’re using the TikTok web version, you’ll find the “Copy” button close to the video link under the video.
- Go to SnapTik and paste the video link in the textbox.
- Click on “Download” to get the video with no watermark saved to your device.
TikSave allows you to download your favorite TikTok videos in HD without any watermark or TikTok username. It works on devices and operating systems of all kinds be it Android, iPhone, PC or tablet.
With TikSave, downloading a video on TikTok is seamless and involves just a few simple steps.
- Copy the link to the TikTok video.
- Visit TikSave.io and paste the link in the text area and click on the download button.
- Click on “Download as MP4” to save it as a video.
You can explore other TikTok video downloaders without watermarks like TikTok Zip, which works the same way as those described above.
How to Change TikTok Storage Location
It’s important to note that TikTok does not provide a built-in feature to change the storage location of the app.
However, there are third-party apps available that allow you to download TikTok videos and save them to a different location on your device.
These apps often have options to change the download folder, which can be useful if you want to save TikTok videos to a specific location on your device.
To change the location of your TikTok downloads, you can use any of the TikTok video downloaders mentioned above or use the Seal app.