Have you ever posted a TikTok video only to find it not showing up on the coveted For You feed?
This common problem prevents videos from reaching wider audiences and hinders growth.
Your error message probably takes one of these forms:
- “This video is not eligible for the for you feed.”
- “Not eligible for the for you feed, unoriginal content.”
- This video is not eligible for the for you feed because it violates our community guidelines.”
- “Not eligible for the for you feed, low quality.”
Fortunately, there are several straightforward troubleshooting steps you can take to fix TikTok not eligible for the For You feed issue.
Why Your TikTok Video May Not Be Eligible for the For You Feed
Before diving into solutions, it helps to understand the key reasons your video may not qualify for the For You feed:
Violation of Community Guidelines
TikTok has comprehensive Community Guidelines that prohibit content like hate speech, harassment, dangerous acts, violence, etc.
Violating any of these policies makes your video ineligible for public feeds. Review the notification or email from TikTok to identify the problematic element that needs changing.
Use of copyrighted music, images, or video clips without permission can also lead to exclusion from For You feeds due to copyright infringement.
TikTok has automatic filters that detect unauthorized usage of branded content or songs.
High Volume of Skipped Videos
If a high percentage of viewers skip your video quickly after it starts playing, the algorithm assumes low quality or relevance.
As more users skip your video, TikTok removes it from For You feeds to prevent poor viewer experiences.
Sometimes videos get incorrectly flagged by TikTok’s automated reviews leading to a “shadowban” where your content has limited visibility.
Certain types of shadowbanned content like sexual suggestions, shooting guns, or controversial topics are barred from For You feeds.
Using hashtags completely unrelated to your video confuses TikTok’s recommendation system. Too many irrelevant tags make the algorithm unable to determine your video’s core focus and audience.
Low Engagement and Followers
Accounts with a sparse following and consistently low views, likes, comments, or shares per video appear less popular. TikTok therefore limits untested or unengaging content from proliferating on For You feeds.
How to Fix TikTok Video Not Eligible for the For You Feed
Now that we’ve explored the major eligibility barriers, let’s walk through actionable troubleshooting tips to get your video back on track for the For You Page:
1. Review the Specific Violation
The first troubleshooting step is carefully examining any notification or email sent by TikTok explaining your video’s ineligibility.
The message outlines the exact Community Guideline or policy breach responsible for barring the video.
Some key questions to review:
- Which policy was violated? (adult content, minor safety, illegal activities, etc.)
- Which part of the video triggered the violation?
- Is the policy properly interpreted or is the flagging inaccurate?
This context will guide your next corrective steps. If TikTok flags the wrong element or misapplies a policy, you may choose to appeal the decision rather than alter your video.
Input this critical background intel first before attempting quick fixes.
2. Delete and Re-Upload the Video
Before spending hours editing or appealing, try simply deleting the ineligible video and re-uploading an identical version.
Sometimes tech glitches during uploads or processing cause incorrect ineligibility flags unrelated to the actual content.
Re-uploading the same video file essentially gives the TikTok algorithm a “fresh set of eyes” to re-evaluate your video more fairly. This prevents quality videos from being unfairly buried due to random processing errors.
- Preserve all original captions, descriptions and hashtags
- Use the identical cover image to maintain aesthetic consistency
- Publish at a similar time of day to target the same Audience
Verify if the fresh upload successfully passes eligibility for a day or two before exploring advanced troubleshooting tips.
3. Edit the Video
For inappropriate content violations, editing the video itself is required for public distribution eligibility.
Start by studying the Community Guidelines to identify the categories of objectionable content.
Some areas to double-check for possible policy breaches:
- Explicit or suggestive sexual content
- Promotion of illegal activities like recreational drug usage or distributing fake documents
- Showcasing dangerous stunts like extreme pranks, challenges or weapons handling without appropriate warnings
- Depiction of minors without necessary consent forms
- Unauthorized sharing of personal information like emails, street addresses or phone numbers
- Visible branding from companies unwillingly co-opted into promotion
Very carefully scan through the imagery, audio track, captions and interactions depicted to pinpoint which components most likely prompted restrictions by TikTok.
Isolate and delete small sections if possible to eliminate the problematic content while preserving most of the video. Some examples of what can be edited out include:
- Profane audio or text overlay
- Revealing footage violating privacy
- Dangerous stunts performed unsafely
- Unauthorized brand logos or trademarks
- Background music missing public distribution rights
When editing, resist the temptation to remove large swaths of footage affecting the entire storyline, tone or purpose depicted. This better retains the original video’s intent and appeal.
Only delete bare minimum visuals causing policy issues or safety concerns. Supplement cuts with additional B-Roll filler footage if needed to bridge gaps while upholding flow and viewer engagement.
4. Make Moderate Use Stock Footage
Stock footage can be a great way to visually enhance your videos without shooting everything yourself. But it comes with some pitfalls, especially around copyright.
Here’s how to leverage stock clips legally:
- Only use footage from reputable paid sites like Shutterstock, Getty Images, Adobe Stock, etc. The one-time cost gives you legal rights to the clips for commercial use. Free sites often have unclear usage rights that could get your video claimed.
- Moderate how much you use of any one clip. Stick to quick 5-10 seconds maximum so you’re covered under fair use exemptions before needing explicit licenses.
- Slice up longer footage into multiple shorter segments interspersed throughout your video. This interrupts continual use that could still be seen as infringing.
- Cite your specific stock sources used in the TikTok video description for added transparency. This helps refute accusations of stealing footage outright.
- Alter and layer stock videos significantly using effects, graphics, text and imagery transforms. The more original creation built on top, the safer it becomes.
- Match stock clips tightly to the themes discussed rather than a random B-roll that distracts. Stay on-topic to maximize value.
Being thoughtful with how stock footage gets incorporated keeps your videos legal while allowing production shortcuts.
But moderation and citing sources remain key for protection. Lean on stock footage as supplemental enhancement, not pure cornerstone.
5. Appeal the Decision: “Video Not Eligible for the For You Page”
For videos incorrectly flagged or unfairly demonetized, appealing TikTok’s decision represents the clearest recourse path back to full eligibility.
Start by navigating to the official TikTok appeal page and submit a request form indicating the video and account under dispute.
Next, provide a detailed explanation justifying why restrictions should be reversed and eligibility reinstated.
Back up your appeal using relevant supporting evidence like:
- Attribution confirming licensed usage of trademarks or music
- Documentation of individual consent for identifiable people depicted
- Cautionary warnings inserted for daring physical activities
- Educational value exemptions for sensitive topics like drug abuse harms
Submit any web links, screenshots and file attachments locking down these permissions and exceptions granted officially.
Make your case as logically and completely as possible to appeal to TikTok’s rationale rather than emotions. Shift the perspective from assumptions back to facts by spotlighting verification paperwork.
Sign off by summarizing key reasons the current ineligibility status represents an inaccurate designation requiring immediate updating. This concluding paragraph reiterates why exemptions apply under special circumstances.
While decision reversals take approximately 1 business day, TikTok may request updated video edits during the review process. Collaborate with any follow-up recommendations that reasonably resolve policy issues without excessively compromising your creative vision.
Submitting comprehensive yet concise appeals backed by documentation can swiftly reinstate unfairly blocked videos for For You feed placement.
6. Follow Trends and Use Relevant Hashtags
If previous technical troubleshooting steps prove unsuccessful, it’s time to pivot towards “cracking the code” of the TikTok algorithm to enhance For You feed ranking.
Start by analyzing the iPhone app or TikTok website to uncover your niche’s latest viral video trends. Identify common themes and creative directions resonating most powerfully with your target demographic.
Research which TikTok songs, dances, memes and challenges are gaining traction right now with audiences similar to yours. Don’t just recreate these concepts outright since late bandwagon jumping rarely thrives.
Instead remix elements like music cues, captions or effects driving public intrigue to put your distinctive spin.
Hashtag selection is equally key for discovery by TikTok’s recommendation engine.
Avoid generic tags like #Viral diluting relevance. Instead, populate hashtags laser-focused around:
- Exact content type and format like #CookingTutorial or #ComedySketch
- Specific ingredients or items featured like #Treehouse or #GuitarSolo
- Niche communities like #DIYMom or #BeautyAddict
- Emotional benefits like #LifeHacks or #RelaxationInspo
- Location markers like #PortlandOR or #AustraliaTrip
Include a healthy mix of broader and micro-targeted tags touching diverse aspects of the video’s tone and utility.
Follow hashtag selection best practices like:
- Place most essential tags first
- Only use hashtags directly related to the content depicted
- Mix widely searched tags with niche hashtags attracting smaller yet engaged subgroups
- Update tags to align with seasonal interests and events
Getting hashtags and trends right guides TikTok to push your videos to personalized feeds of users most likely to enjoy and interact with your content.
7. Collaborate with Other Creators
Co-creating videos with compatriot creators combines existing Audiences while lowering production strain. Branded collaborations also enrich content possibilities through accessing locations, products or skills beyond current resource constraints.
Secure collaborations by directly contacting creators working within familiar genres or those sharing target demographics but offering differentiated angles.
Pitch proposed crossover video concepts highlighting unique benefits for both brands like:
- Mashup blending signature elements from each channel
- Head-to-head challenge sparking friendly competition
- Complementary skillset demonstration
- Dynamic industry insider peeks and commentary
- Fan Q&A or event participation
Script out responsibilities and talking points in advance to coordinate tone and flow while permitting personal improvisation and reactions.
Collaborations thrive best when:
- Each creator receives ample spotlight to flaunt niche expertise and charm through balanced responsibilities and screen time
- Light roles maintain humor and looseness rather than rigid corporate stiffness
- Modest preparation preserves spontaneity and genuine reactions
- Transcendent in-jokes and inside references cater to superfans of both brands
Proven collaborator status expands TikTok’s confidence in suggesting your content across the platform to interested viewers seeking entertainment.
8. Utilize Trending TikTok Sounds and Effects
Effortlessly elevating entertainment value, popular TikTok sounds and AR effects frequently benefit from preferential algorithm weighting due to their universal appeal.
Integrating these pre-validated building blocks into video concepts establishes clearer connections with trends clicking among the wider viewer base.
Scan TikTok’s discover page tabs showcasing Vertical and Hashtag feeds of leading content formats, songs, filters and stickers favored currently.
Alternatively visit assemblyai.com/tiktoktrends to analyze the hottest staple features quantitatively including:
- Top Hashtags and Songs
- Emerging video and effects formats
- Celebrities and Influencers gaining traction
Fuse selections contextually into videos aligned with your brand identity and niche rather than tacking on arbitrarily.
For example, a makeup artist could apply scrolling lipstick texts or beauty product music tracks as natural enhancements over generic stock tunes and captions. This cements beauty authority through firmly grounding content within industry culture beyond surface-level gimmicks.
Prominent memes also offer opportunities to showcase sector mastery with comic twists. Brands jokingly dancing to cooking songs encased within TikTok chef hats and aprons comes across as more endearing than cheesy.
Blending trending plugins demonstrates command over the digital landscape’s shifting forces in easily digestible ways benefiting clarity, laughs and Rates.
9. Craft Captivating Captions and Descriptions
Many creators neglect optimizing TikTok captions and descriptions hampering content understanding ability. Without thoughtful headlines, opening hooks and explanatory summaries, videos risk isolation rather than hyper distribution through feeds.
TikTok recommendations rely heavily on captions, underlying alt text and profile descriptions signaling content relevance determined by machine learning algorithms.
Therefore craft compelling sentences highlighting and framing videos for maximized interest, particularly from non-followers stumbling upon the content.
Tactics for improving context clarity include:
- Feature niche communities, brands or celebrities central to the video theme within the first few words to set expectations accurately
- Pose intriguing open-ended questions in captions further explained by watching rather than generic statements
- Outline measurable viewer takeaways like recipes, product/music recommendations or DIY instructions
- List exciting locations, gear used or visual surprises revealed building anticipation
- Summarize meme references, online conversations or news events tied to punchlines paying off deeper for tuned-in viewers
- Embed emojis and formatting punctuation strategically guiding appropriate tone and emotions
- Link back to eCommerce products, YouTube channels or blog posts to drive conversions
Without solid captions, curious visitors question videos’ intended use cases. So remove confusion roadblocks with enhanced descriptions showcasing exactly why each upload offers value worth exploring.
10. Participate in TikTok Challenges
Hashtag challenges sponsored by brands, celebrities or influencers provide growth springboards by aggregating content around trends for amplified visibility.
From dance moves to comedy skits, most challenges issue open calls for diverse interpretations unified by songs, captions or effects keeping submissions recognizable as part of a community.
This structure fuels discovery by exposing creators to expanded networks already interested in the featured meme or activity.
Sift through contemporary challenges popularised across TikTok feeds and select options allowing reasonable self-expression or brand messaging on-theme. Avoid straying too heavily into unrelated tangents diminishing signal value.
Review challenge instructions listing requirements like specific tracks, gestures, filters and hashtags needing incorporation alongside personalized flourishes standing out.
Strike a 90/10 balance keeping 90% of elements standardized per challenge conventions with roughly 10% deviation introducing uniqueness keeping content fresh rather fresh than repetitive amidst oceans of collateral user submissions.
Time challenge video drops when sponsoring brands first announce rollouts and templates get referenced across influencer channels. Avoid bandwagon stagnation weeks later once initial buzz simmers. Capitalize on groundswells of intrigue before oversaturation.
Proactively searching trending challenges instead of waiting for alerts creates first-to-market advantages for increased visibility.
The combination of built-in amplification through aggregated distribution plus externally exported videos across personal profiles multiplies exposure dramatically compared to isolated uploads. Two birds, meet one hashtag challenge stone.
11. Respond to Comments and Messages
Preserving community participation remains crucial for prolonging content lifespans beyond initial views. Encourage ongoing discussion by regularly responding to meaningful questions, theories and feedback shared.
Tune comment notifications on receiving all updates or filter for highlights limiting overwhelm.
Check messages and engagements daily even on dated videos still attracting residual eyeballs. Address commonly asked questions publicly benefiting all viewers equally.
12. Analyze Your TikTok Analytics
Review TikTok Analytics under Creator Tools assessing performance patterns guiding smarter productions and promotions encouraging further For You adoptions.
Assess Audience Demographics including:
- Locations spotlighting strongholds worth doubling down on with local references or event tour stops.
- Age Groups signaling whether humor/slang resonates more with Gen Z or Millennials
- Gender allowing tailoring of video hosts, topics and aesthetics preferred by women, men or non-binary fans
Evaluate View Counts tracking which videos scalably attract the most eyeballs due to irresistible concepts ideal for For You placement.
Identify Traffic Sources referring highest concentrations of newfound viewers offering insights into effective cross-promotional outlets worthy of automation and partnerships.
Monitor average watch time and Playback Rates measuring content stickiness to guide longer premium video budgets versus quicker casual posts optimized for lighter session forms of engagement.
Analyze platform-generated audience personas outlining common interests, behaviors and values binding supporters together into a community better understanding motivations.
Crunch historical numbers highlighting proven formats, posting styles and psychological triggers boosting responses. Then double down ruthlessly.
Ongoing analytics consultation pushes content quality and circulation strategies perpetually forward rather than settling for complacency.
13. Stay Updated on TikTok Trends and Guidelines
TikTok evolves extremely rapidly in terms of emerging video formats, effects, policies and algorithms determining visibility. What works today risks irrelevance tomorrow if not constantly adapting to revolutionary headwinds.
Browse TikTok’s creative influential channels daily noticing interactive content experiments and platform hacks gaining traction.
The TikTok Creator Portal gives official updates from TikTok on changing rules, money-making options, and profile link features.
It’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest TikTok trends and news. This helps your ideas stay relevant so your videos show up in more For You feeds as user interests change. Information is power when it comes to TikTok success.
Use what you learn to make practical improvements to your content, strategize better, and get creative ideas that match rising viewer demands.
Being great at TikTok means balancing the big picture (knowing about TikTok’s overall direction and culture) with quickly trying new video formats and ideas that your audience responds to.
Make a habit of steadily researching trends to gain more fans and make more money.