Are you having issues receiving your TikTok verification email? This common problem can prevent you from accessing certain features in the app or fully setting up your new account.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the reasons your TikTok verification email may not be sending and walk through different troubleshooting solutions.
Why You Aren’t Getting the TikTok Verification Email
There are a few key reasons why you may not be receiving the TikTok verification email after signing up:
You Entered the Wrong Email Address
When creating your new TikTok account, you need to enter a valid email address that you have access to. If there is a typo in the email, or you entered an outdated email you no longer use, you won’t receive the verification message.
Carefully check that the email address typed into your TikTok profile is accurate and that there are no errors. Also, confirm you can access this inbox from the email service you prefer to use.
The Message Went to Your Spam Folder
Another common reason is that the verification email was sent successfully but was flagged as spam. The filters from your email provider may have automatically moved it out of your inbox because it did not recognize the TikTok messaging system.
Open up your email spam folder and thoroughly look for an email from TikTok regarding a verification code or link. If you locate it here unused and unopened, you can mark it as “Not Spam” to resolve this.
There’s an Issue with Your Email Provider
Sometimes the underlying issue is on your email platform’s side if their systems are down or backed up. Certain email providers may be experiencing technical issues that are preventing the verification message from going through.
Check the service status pages for platforms like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. If they indicate problems with sending/receiving messages, this could be stopping your verification email. You may just need to wait until your email provider has fixed the disruption.
TikTok is Having Server Problems
Though less common, there can also be problems on TikTok’s side if their servers encounter technical issues. Glitches when generating and sending out verification links could prevent new users from getting that initial email.
How to Fix TikTok Verification Email Not Sending
Now let’s explore steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix not getting that important TikTok verification email.
1. Double Check You Entered the Right Email Address
The first troubleshooting step is to double-check that you typed your email address correctly. Go back into the account creation process, and pay close attention as you re-enter your email.
Carefully check the email that’s populated here to make sure it’s 100% accurate to the inbox you want. Even small typos can prevent receipt of the verification message.
If you notice any discrepancies or errors, you will need to change your email address in the TikTok account settings:
- From the “Manage Account” screen, tap “Edit profile”.
- Scroll down and tap the email field to edit the address.
- Input your full valid email inbox that you want to associate.
- Triple check there are no spelling or punctuation errors.
- Tap “Done” to save changes.
Requesting another verification email will now send it to the corrected email inbox.
2. Check All Email Inboxes You Use
Even if you were certain you entered the right email address, it’s possible the verification message still went to another inbox tied to your credentials.
Log into all email accounts where you may receive messages, especially if you have multiple addresses linked or commonly redirect messages between accounts.
Thoroughly look through:
- Primary email inbox
- Spam folders
- Any alternate emails
- Old email addresses you don’t use as much
Sift through each inbox in the above places for an email from TikTok regarding confirmation of your account and either containing a 6-digit code or link to verify.
Finding the email in another location will allow you to grab that verification information and enter it into TikTok to validate your account.
3. Request Another Verification Email
If you double-checked your email address and the message didn’t arrive in any folders, request another verification email:
- In the TikTok app, go back to “Manage Account”>”Privacy and Safety”>”Verification code”
- Tap the “Resend code” button
- A messaging prompt will confirm another verification has been sent to your email address on file
- Allow up to 10 minutes for this new message to arrive at your inbox before troubleshooting further
Sometimes the initial verification email simply failed to send or got lost, so resending the code triggers another delivery attempt.
Continue monitoring all email accounts closely right after requesting another code. Look in primary inboxes, spam folders, updates inboxes, etc.
If you receive the resend quickly, go ahead and enter that verification code in the TikTok app to validate your new account fully. But if it still doesn’t show up after 10+ minutes, try the next troubleshooting ideas.
4. Check Email Service Statuses for Issues
Problems at your email provider preventing messages from sending/receiving could be stopping the TikTok verification notice.
Investigate service statuses for whichever platform you use for email like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. Monitoring sites like DownDetector can also indicate where email users are reporting widespread problems:
- Gmail: Check Google Workspace Status dashboard for disruptions specifically impacting Gmail. Issues with attachments, inbox delivery, and spam filtering could all prevent receipt.
- Yahoo: Visit Yahoo’s service health status site to see any identified incidents impacting Yahoo Mail functionality. Particularly watch for mail delivery issues.
- Outlook/Hotmail: Reference Microsoft’s Office 365 status page to check if Outlook email is fully operational. Errors around email processing or transport could be culprits.
- Other Providers: Most major email platforms will have their own status pages detailing functionality problems impacting users. This includes providers like ProtonMail, Zoho, GMX, Mailfence and more. Search “[Email Provider] service status” to find.
Do well to also check if your email account storage is not full.
If your email provider shows degraded performance or an ongoing incident around the time you were expecting the TikTok verification, this likely explains the non-delivery.
You unfortunately need to wait until your email platform has resolved disruptions before the message can successfully go through. Fortunately, most provider issues get fixed within a few hours max.
Once the company confirms everything is operating normally, request another TikTok verification attempt which should now make it to your waiting inbox.
5. Check TikTok Server Status
Less commonly than email provider problems, TikTok itself may have internal service issues preventing account validation codes from being sent out correctly to new users’ inboxes.
Monitor TikTok’s status on Down Detector to quickly see if their systems are fully operational. (You can view it without an account logged in).
Focus on any reported issues impacting:
- Account management
- Onboarding flows for new signups
- Server errors
TikTok tends to resolve platform-wide incidents quickly within 1-2 hours. If you note any notifications for degraded performance around when you were expecting email verification, wait for TikTok to confirm resolution is needed.
Their status site will update when engineers have fixed issues to return functionality to normal operations. Now attempt to resend your verification email again directly in the TikTok app which should arrive promptly.
6. Contact TikTok Support
If you still aren’t receiving verification emails after exhausting the above troubleshooting, you’ll need to reach out directly to TikTok’s account support team.
Contact them via:
- In-app chat: From your profile, tap the three lines at top right > Settings and privacy > Report a problem > Contact support chat
- Email: Send details to TikTok’s support email address [email protected] with “Can’t Get Verification Email” or similar subject lines that will be clear.
- Report the problem on a support ticket within TikTok’s app using the “Report a Problem” pathway.
Explain you created a new account but are not getting either initial or resend attempts of the verification email to your address on file. Detail any troubleshooting you did like checking statuses and inboxes.
- TikTok username you signed up with
- Email address you used
- Device and app specifics
Hopefully TikTok support staff can use their internal tools to diagnose why the confirmation email is not sending out correctly. They may spot an issue on their servers, can attempt to resend, or worst case assist creating a brand new account and email pairing.
If previous sign up attempts still appear stuck, working one-on-one with a TikTok agent yields the best chances resolving the verification issue so you can finally access your new account!
7. Create a New TikTok Account
If troubleshooting still hasn’t helped you receive that TikTok confirmation message, the nuclear option is simply starting over: create an entirely new TikTok account with a different email address.
Before going this route, be absolutely certain:
- Previous email troubleshooting 100% failed – no verification received after multiple tries and contacting TikTok support.
- You no longer need access to that stuck original account – creating a new account means abandoning sign in attempts to the broken one.
If ready for a fully fresh start:
- Delete the TikTok app from your mobile device then reinstall a fresh copy.
- Upon opening the app, go through initial steps again to create another account.
- When prompted for email, enter a different address not previously used. Ideally use a more mainstream email provider like Gmail.
- Double check accuracy as you enter new email inbox.
- Submit sign up of new account. Watch closely for arriving verification email to that newly supplied inbox from TikTok.
Hopefully creating an entirely separate second account avoids whatever issues were occurring with the initial one. Both your email provider and TikTok treat this one completely differently.
Once received enter the validation code or click verification link to access your flush TikTok account. Get all the standard features fully usable now to engage with content and build your audience!
Summary of Fixing TikTok Verification Email Issues
If you aren’t receiving that critical TikTok confirmation email upon signing up, don’t panic! In review, troubleshooting steps include:
- Double checking accuracy of your account email address
- Monitoring all possible email inboxes closely
- Resending verification code multiple times
- Investigating related email and TikTok service statuses
- Contacting TikTok support if issues persist
- Creating a brand new account as a last resort
Correcting inaccuracies, allowing providers time to resolve disruptions, or getting one-on-one TikTok assistance can all help get your account fully validated!
If you have received the TikTok verification email but are running into issues with the code not actually working properly to validate your account, that requires different troubleshooting outside the scope here.
Check out our guide on how to resolve TikTok Verification Code Not Working which explores new solutions when your account remains stuck even after inputting a valid-seeming code. Reasons for incorrect verification codes not validating accounts need different fixes to try.
Hopefully, with the above comprehensive troubleshooting guide, you can resolve frustrating scenarios of TikTok verification emails not sending.