Is it difficult trying to enjoy the use of the Instagram story feature because you have problems such as the Instagram story views not showing or highlights not appearing?
The Instagram story is a feature on Instagram that makes sharing beautiful pictures and videos temporarily very easier. Pictures and videos as well as texts, posted on the Instagram story only last for 24 hours and they disappear, giving room for other posts, lasting for the same 24-hour time limit.
The Instagram story also has personal features such as highlights and views, where the user is able to trace the number of accounts the story has reached and the accounts that engaged the story.
Using the Views feature, one is able to know the number as well as the names of accounts that have viewed the content posted on the story so far.
In as much as the views and highlights features allow you to trace account engagements, you can identify certain problems that pertain to Instagram story views such as having the views count wrong, the Instagram story view not showing, or the highlights not appearing.
When using the Instagram story and you encounter problems, you may wonder, “Why can’t I see Instagram story views?” and “why are my views not showing on the Instagram story?” Others find it problematic that the Instagram story only shows 5 views or the Instagram story views dropped.
After going through the stress to make your content available on the Instagram story, it is sometimes frustrating when you find out Instagram views are not appearing or the views disappeared at a point in time.
Especially dealing with users who have thousands and millions of followers, it is sometimes very incredible when they find out the Instagram story shows only 5 views, for example.
When users find out about these problems, they sometimes beat themselves, wondering why they have the Instagram story not showing all views and therefore wonder how to fix Instagram story views not showing.
Problems Associated with Instagram Story Views Not Showing
- Periodical problems by the app
- Instagram views are yet to update
- Less engagement by viewers
- Network problems by the user
- Issue of random bugs
Having realized these problems are the reasons your Instagram views are not appearing, worry less as we take you through the best solutions to fix these problems you encounter using the Instagram story feature of one of the world’s most used social media platforms.
With the troubleshooting steps, you will definitely know why you have the Instagram story views not showing so you can fix it.
Fixes for Instagram Story or Highlight Views not Showing
1. Quit and Relaunch the Instagram app
Most of the time, users of social media apps like Instagram, find it very problematic as a result of random bugs which make them face the issue of Instagram story views not appearing. When you encounter such a common issue, it is advised that you quit the Instagram app and relaunch the app.
Using the recent apps section, you can close or just swipe upwards and that will quit the use of the app at the moment. After closing the app, simply identify the Instagram app on the phone and relaunch it.
When you are done relaunching, go back to the Instagram story to check whether you can now see the Instagram story views. After trying this troubleshooting approach and you still encounter the same problem, try the next approach to fix the issue.
2. Restart Your Device
After relaunching the app and you still encounter the same problem, then you should reboot the phone you are using to access the app. Restarting the phone may be a solution to curb Instagram story views not showing as there could be technical glitches hindering the process.
With this issue, turn off the phone using the turn off button and turn the phone on again after the phone has been totally switched off. You can also simply use the restart option to make it easier to reboot the device after the automatic restarting of the device when it has been turned off.
After rebooting the phone, relaunch the Instagram app to identify if you will still wonder why the Instagram story views disappeared.
3. Check the Network Connection
Sometimes, users face this challenge because they do not have enough data connection to be able to access and use the app effectively. In this case, recent views after their last check of the number of views, do not appear and they find it very problematic.
Therefore, after you have restarted your phone and you still experience the issue, try checking the speed of your network whether it is enough to use the Instagram application efficiently or not.
4. Check your Internet Speed
With this, use fast.com, to check the speed of your network. After checking the speed of your network and you realize it is below 3Mbps, then you should resort to a better network as an average of 3Mbps to 10Mbps is needed to use the Instagram application.
After checking this and you have a stable network, try the next option.
5. Turn on and off the Airplane mode
Most times, network instability can be curbed when you turn off the Airplane mode and you turn it on again. This can be done by doing to following:
- Launch the settings app of your phone,
- Tap on connections and find the airplane mode
- Tap on the button to turn off the airplane mode
- After it has been turned off successfully, wait for about a minute and turn it on again.
- Go back to check the network speed or head to Instagram to check if you still encounter the problem of your Instagram story views not showing.
6. Log in to Instagram Again
When you have tried the above solutions to curb the issue and it still does not work out, then try to re-login Instagram. This can be done by following the processes below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the Profile icon located in the last right corner. This will take you to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three lines button at the top right of your Instagram profile.
- When it pops up, tap on settings.
- Scroll down and locate “log out” and tap on it. This will enable you to log out of the account safely.
- After logging out, re-login to your Instagram account and check if you can find your Instagram views appearing.
7. Clear Instagram App Cache
Issues of why you still realize your Instagram story views not showing may be a result of the Instagram app cache that you would have to clear in order to enable the app to function efficiently. Trying this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the phone desktop and tap and hold the Instagram app. Tap-holding for some time, an app drawer will come up where you will tap on App info.
- Tap on the App info screen and tap on the storage.
- Move on to tap on Clear cache to clear the cache of the Instagram app.
8. Update the Instagram App
If the issue is still bothering you even after clearing the Instagram app cache, then try to update the Instagram app. This can be done by following the processes below:
- Head to Play Store as an Android user or App Store as an iOS user.
- Search for the Instagram app which has already been installed
- Tap on update and wait for the app to be updated
- After the update, tap on open to launch the application
- Check if your Instagram story views now appear.
9. Reinstall the Instagram App
After you have updated the Instagram app to the latest version and it still did not work for you, then you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app. This can be done using the processing below:
- Tap and hold the Instagram application.
- After that, tap on “Uninstall” and then confirm to uninstall.
- When the app has been successfully uninstalled, Android users should use the Play Store app to download the Instagram App as iPhone users also use the App Store to download the app.
- After successfully Instagram app, log in to your account again.
- Go back to your Instagram story to check whether you can now see your Instagram story views.
10. Launch Instagram with the Instagram Web
After going through all the processes and the issue of Instagram views not appearing, then it may also be the problem of the Instagram app so you should consider launching Instagram with the use of the Instagram web.
By doing this, use the processes recommended as follows:
- Launch the browser on your phone or personal computer.
- Use the search bar to get to the Instagram web and launch it.
- After launching Instagram using the Instagram web, log in to your account and check if you can now see your Instagram story or highlight views.
11. Contact Instagram Support
When all the above troubleshooting suggestions still do not work for you, then try contacting Instagram support to aid you with assistance. This can be done by visiting the Instagram Center Page.
After reaching out to Instagram support, report to them your problem of Instagram story views not showing. You can also try searching for queries asked by other users such as, “Why can’t I see Instagram story views’, “Why are my views not showing on Instagram story?”, and “Why have my Instagram story views disappeared?”
Upon following all the steps given above, the reasons for your Instagram story views not showing should be known and fixed by now.
Finding solutions to your Instagram views not appearing and how to fix it has been satisfied as to how you can identify and rectify what is causing your Instagram story view not to appear.
This guide informs you about the problems and how to fix Instagram story views not showing. After reporting to Instagram support, there should be a final resolution to your problem at the end of it all so that you finally see your Instagram story views appear as expected.