Are you having an issue viewing pictures on Facebook? Or are your Facebook pictures not loading? Then join us as we give you the best troubleshooting suggestions for this issue.
Posts can either be done in text, pictures, or video form. Most Facebook users prefer to post pictures to all other types of posts because of how beautiful to have your pictures out there to be viewed by Facebook friends.
In as much as pictures are posted all over Facebook by users all over the world, most users find it problematic sometimes when they find Facebook pictures not loading.
This usually occurs when you are scrolling through your feed and you find your Facebook images not showing. Most of the time, you may either see the picture you want to view go blank or you are told “network error”. When you are using Facebook free mode, you are told to “view photo”.
- Why are Facebook pictures not showing?
- Why Facebook photo layout not working?
- Why do my Facebook pictures not load?
- Why are my Facebook pictures not working?
- How do I fix Facebook pictures not loading?
It is due to the numerous concerns by Facebook users about how to fix Facebook pictures not loading or showing that we have hand-tailored verified and tested remedies to the issue you encounter as a Facebook user. Do not beat yourself up anymore as we take you through the reasons for Facebook pictures not showing on your news feed.
- Poor Network Connection
- Facebook bugs
- Free Facebook mode
- DNS server issues
- Ad blockers
- Disabled images
- Facebook server issues
- Copyright issues
- Admin has removed the picture from Facebook.
How to Fix Facebook Pictures or Photos not Loading, Showing or Opening
1. Check Internet Connectivity
One of the quickest ways to deal with issues such as Facebook pictures not loading is to check and ensure that you have enough internet connection to access the app. Lack of a strong internet connection gives you very little or no chance to access the app, hence giving you problems like Facebook pictures not showing when clicked on.
To rectify this, first, check if you have an active internet connection or data plan. Also, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using www.fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
Upon checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you have a speed of your network ranging below 5Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very problematic.
You, therefore, have to either connect to a stronger network or upload your network server with enough data allocation. After doing this try to check if your Facebook pictures are still not loading on your phone.
You can also check the Internet connection by turning on and off the Airplane mode. Turning on and off the Airplane has been one of the best options to check internet connection problems.
With this, the network will go off automatically and it will come back probably stronger than before. Try this by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone. Scroll through and find Connections.
2. After selecting Connections, tap on Flight mode and turn it off if it was mistakenly turned on. If it is off already, turn it on, wait for about a minute and turn it on again.
2. Check the Facebook Server Status
Periodically, the fault of these Facebook pictures not showing up on android or Facebook pictures not showing up on PC may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Instagram, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to log in to the app, upload a feed, upload Facebook stories, or load Facebook pictures. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should endeavor to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Facebook” on the software and check if they serve you with Facebook outage reports in your region.
Besides this, you can also check Twitter to find out if there has been an official communique from Facebook about their app malfunctions.
3. Relaunch the Facebook App
One of the quickest and simplest ways to deal with such issues concerning the “Tap to retry” error when you find Facebook pictures not loading is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it.
For this, you must leave the Facebook app and clear all running apps in the background. If you are using the browser to access Facebook, then you should clear the Facebook web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the app, relaunch the app and check if you still encounter the issue of Facebook pictures not loading.
4. Turn Off Facebook Free Mode to Fix the Images not Loading Issue
Facebook has a Free mode feature that allows Facebook users to access the app without the use of data. Users just have to get a little data connection to connect to Facebook to do the usual viewing of posts without data.
This feature does not permit you to view images and videos since it does not require any data charges. You might have turned on the Free mode option which is causing your Facebook pictures not to load or show.
To get rid of the Free mode and use the normal Facebook that requires data charges, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Facebook app or Facebook on a web browser
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right
- Go to the menu and look for Facebook Free mode
- Tap on the toggle next to it to turn the feature off.
- Go back to load pictures on Facebook to check if you can see them now.
5. Allow Facebook to Use Unrestricted Data
When you try loading a photo on Facebook and you are not able to view the picture even after turning off the Facebook Free mode feature, then you should check if you have restricted Facebook from using enough data by turning on the Data saver.
You must give Facebook unrestricted data usage by using the steps below:
- Pres and hold the Facebook app
- Tap on app info on the sub-window that appears
3. Tap on mobile data & Wifi
4. Turn on the Unrestricted data Usage toggle.
6. Check for Disabled Images
Due to the speed of performance, most users of web browsers disable the images and other content options of the web browsers. It boosts the speed of content loading and for that matter, avoids slow loading of content with images included.
This may have affected your Facebook images, preventing them from loading. You may have activated the option without knowing properly.
Check your browser’s in-built options to disable the “Disabled images” feature. Due to the difference in the processes to turn off this feature for all web browsers.
7. Disable the Ad-Blocker
Facebook is usually full of ads and these ads prevent users from seeing images almost all the time. There Ad may come before a particular image or cover the image.
This may stop you from viewing what is actually there. Ad-blockers are very troublesome, especially when using web browsers.
Therefore disabling the Ad-blocker feature will definitely be the best option to get rid of the Ad-blockers. The Ad-blocker may be an extension of the browser so you, therefore, have to turn off the extension. You also have to disable Ad-blocker on your PC if it is a third-party tool.
8. Clear the Facebook App Cache and Data
Many times these issues we face such as the Facebook pictures not showing is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Facebook app cache.
- Close the Facebook app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on clear cache to clear the Facebook app cache
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Twitter account, then you should try to clear cookies on the browser rather. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files.
- Click on clear data.
9. Update the Facebook App or Reinstall the Facebook App
If you are still facing issues with Facebook pictures not loading or photos not showing even after clearing the Facebook app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the Facebook app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Facebook that does not permit you to use the app entirely. You should update the app as soon as possible so that you can log in the app without facing problems like “Facebook pictures not showing on Android.”
Below are the steps you can use to update your Facebook app
- Close all apps running in the background including the Facebook app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device.
- Search for Facebook in the search bar.
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of “Facebook pictures not loading”.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, you should uninstall it and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Close the Facebook app on your phone
- Long press on the Facebook app and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Facebook app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Facebook on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Facebook pictures not loading
10. Check Your Facebook Account Status
Facebook does not permit users to load pictures or even upload pictures if their account has breached Facebook community guidelines. Facebook has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
If you have violated some of the Facebook community guidelines, then you should expect a suspension from using the app or permanent removal of your Facebook account. For that matter, you should check and know if your Facebook account has currently been banned or not.
If you have been banned by Facebook you will receive an alert from them either when you just login or in the course of using the app. This may happen just when you are viewing an image and will prevent you from loading the image on Facebook.
11. Contact Facebook Support Center
All of the above options on how to fix Facebook are possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to face the challenge of Facebook pictures not loading, then you should not hesitate to contact the Facebook Support center.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why can’t I open pictures on Facebook?” Visiting their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to resolve the issue of Facebook apps not showing after all.
You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile.
- Go straight to “Report a Problem” and tap on it.
4. These days, when you try reporting a problem, Facebook informs you to do the following, using Facebook Lite:
- Go to where you saw the problem
- Shake the phone.
- Report problem
5. After doing all these, try loading a picture on Facebook after some time to know if your Facebook pictures are showing now.
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix Facebook pictures not loading, and know the reasons that caused you to trouble over the issue.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, and Facebook free mode among others. Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix Facebook in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.