TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms, allowing users to watch, create and share short videos. One of TikTok’s key features is the ability to favorite videos you like and organize them into collections. However, sometimes your TikTok favorites collections may stop showing for unknown reasons.
Not being able to access your favorite videos can be frustrating. But don’t worry, there are several troubleshooting tips you can try to get your TikTok favorites collections showing again.
In this detailed guide, I will cover the main reasons why your TikTok favorites collections may not be showing, along with actionable solutions to fix the problem.
Reasons Why TikTok Favorites Collections May Not Show
There are a few common reasons why your liked videos and collections may not show up in your TikTok account:
Outdated App Version
TikTok frequently releases new updates to fix bugs and improve features. If you haven’t updated the TikTok app in a while, an outdated version could be the reason your favorites aren’t showing properly. Make sure to keep the TikTok app up-to-date on your device.
Problems with your internet connection can prevent TikTok from loading your liked videos and collections. Check that your Wi-Fi or cellular data is working properly. Slow speeds or intermittent connectivity issues may impact TikTok’s performance.
Sometimes server outages on TikTok’s end can temporarily cause favorites to not show up. Usually, server issues are fixed within a few hours. But widespread outages can take longer to resolve.
In rare cases, a glitch with your individual TikTok account could cause favorites to disappear. Trying logging out and back in to reset your account. If the favorites are still missing, contacting TikTok support may be needed.
TikTok may restrict access to your favorites if they detect suspicious activity from your account. This is usually temporary. But if access remains restricted, you’ll need to contact TikTok support to resolve it.
TikTok limits the number of videos you can favorite to 10,000. If you’ve exceeded the limit, your oldest liked videos will no longer display. You’ll need to unlike old videos to make room for new favorites.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Missing Favorites
If your TikTok favorites and collections are not showing up, try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
1. Update TikTok to the Latest Version
The first step is to make sure you have the latest version of TikTok installed.
- On iPhone, go to the App Store and check for any available updates to TikTok. Tap “Update” to install.
- On Android, open the Google Play Store, go to My Apps & Games, and check if TikTok has any pending updates. Tap Update to install.
Updating to the latest TikTok version can fix bugs that may be causing favorites issues.
2. Force Stop and Relaunch the App
Sometimes glitches with the app can be fixed with a simple force stop and relaunch:
- On iPhone, double click the home button to bring up your recent apps. Swipe up on the TikTok app preview to close it completely. Then open TikTok again and see if your favorites are back.
- On Android, open Settings > Apps > TikTok and select Force Stop. Then launch TikTok again from the homescreen.
Relaunching the app forces it to reload content and data correctly.
3. Restart Your Device
If force stopping TikTok didn’t work, try fully rebooting your device:
- On iPhone, hold down the side or top button until the “Slide to Power Off” prompt appears. Swipe to turn off. Wait 30 seconds, then turn your iPhone back on.
- On Android, hold down the power button until the shut down prompt appears. Tap Power Off and OK to confirm. Wait 30 seconds, then press the power button to restart your device.
Restarting your smartphone or tablet can help clear any temporary glitches.
4. Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure your Wi-Fi or mobile data is working properly. Connection issues may prevent TikTok from loading your favorites:
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure you’re connected to a network. Toggle Wi-Fi off and on to reconnect.
- On Android, open Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and check your connection. Tap the network name to reconnect.
- For mobile data, go to Settings > Cellular on iPhone or Network & internet > Mobile network on Android. Make sure cellular data is enabled.
- Do a quick internet speed test to check for slow speeds that could impact TikTok performance.
Checking your network connection is one of the easiest ways to fix loading issues.
5. Log Out and Log Back In
Logging out and back in to your TikTok account can reset any glitches:
- Open TikTok and tap the “Me” icon in the bottom right
- Tap the three dot menu in the top right corner
- Choose “Log out” to sign out of your account.
- Close the TikTok app completely
- Relaunch TikTok and log back into your account.
- Check if your favorites and collections are now showing properly after logging back in
Logging out refreshes your account data and resets your local app cache.
6. Delete and Reinstall the App
If simpler troubleshooting steps don’t work, deleting and reinstalling TikTok may be needed:
On iPhone: Hold down the TikTok app icon until it starts wiggling. Tap the X icon to delete the app. Then open the App Store, search for TikTok, and reinstall it. Log back into your account.
On Android: Hold down the TikTok app icon and drag it into the Uninstall section at the top of the screen. Confirm deleting the app when prompted.
Afterward, open the Play Store, search for TikTok, and reinstall it.
Reinstalling the app gives you a completely clean slate, which can eliminate bugs that caused your favorites issue.
7. Clear App Data and Cache
For Android users, clearing the TikTok app data and cache could help:
- Go to Settings > Apps > TikTok
- Tap Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Open TikTok again and check your favorites
This forces cached TikTok data to be deleted and refreshed, which may resolve glitched favorites.
8. Uninstall and Reinstall Multiple Times
In severe cases, you may need to uninstall and reinstall TikTok multiple times in a row to completely reset the app:
- Delete TikTok
- Reinstall TikTok right after and log in
- Check if favorites are back, if not, delete TikTok again
- Repeat the install and delete process 2-3 more times
- Fully removing TikTok’s data at multiple stages forces a hard reset
Though inconvenient, starting TikTok from scratch several times often fixes rare glitches.
9. Contact TikTok Support
If all else fails, reach out to TikTok’s customer support for troubleshooting help:
- In the TikTok app, go to your profile and tap the icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings and Privacy” and proceed to “Report a problem.”
- Select the issue category relevant to your problem
- Explain the favorites issue and troubleshooting steps you’ve tried
- The support team can investigate issues with your account and work to restore access to favorites
TikTok support may be able to fix restrict access or glitches that regular troubleshooting cannot resolve.
10. Wait for Time to Pass
In some cases, waiting a while before retrying can work:
- Server outages will be resolved within hours or days.
- Restricted access is sometimes temporary.
- General glitches may right themselves over time.
Leave TikTok closed for a full day and see if the favorites show up when you return. Patience can pay off.
Avoiding TikTok Favorites Issues
Here are some tips to avoid your TikTok favorites collections disappearing in the future:
- Keep the app updated always – Install TikTok updates as soon as they become available. Updates often fix bugs that can cause favorites issues.
- Don’t overload favorites – Stick below the 10,000 favorite video limit to prevent oldest likes being removed automatically. Unlike old favorites regularly.
- Use Collections – Organize favorite videos into collections so they are easier to manage.
- Double check restrictions – Don’t violate any community guidelines or your account may get restricted.
- Contact support early – If you notice a favorites problem starting, reach out to TikTok support right away before it worsens.
- Report other app issues – File bug reports within TikTok whenever you come across glitches to help improve the app.
Following these best practices will help minimize technical issues with your TikTok favorites in the future.
TikTok favorites not showing can certainly be annoying. But in most cases, the problem can be resolved through troubleshooting steps like updating the app, checking your connection, logging out and back in, reinstalling the app, clearing cache and data, contacting TikTok support, or simply waiting for a while.
With the right mix of patience and persistence, you should be able to get your lost TikTok favorites showing once again. Don’t hesitate to uninstall and reinstall TikTok multiple times in a row if needed for a complete reset.
Now go enjoy accessing all the entertaining videos you’ve favorited and organized into collections! Just be sure not to exceed the 10,000 limit or your oldest likes will disappear.