So you’ve hit the 10,000 follower milestone on TikTok and want to join the Creator Fund to start monetizing your content.
However, when you try to go through the age verification process, you get stuck at the page that says “Couldn’t load page. Try again later.” What’s happening?
This frustrating error prevents you from fully enrolling in the TikTok Creator Fund program. But don’t worry – in most cases it’s a technical glitch on TikTok’s end, not because of something you did.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through all the possible reasons the age verification page won’t load and show you various troubleshooting steps to try to fix the problem. Follow along below!
Overview of the TikTok Creator Fund Age Verification Not Working Issue
First, let’s outline what exactly the problem is:
- You meet TikTok’s baseline Creator Fund requirements of having 10,000+ authentic followers and 10,000+ video views in the last 30 days.
- You successfully apply for the Creator Fund from within the TikTok app and get to the age verification page.
- But when the age verification page loads, you see the message “Couldn’t load page. Try again later.”
- The page refuses to fully load no matter how many times you quit the app, restart your device, or try again on cellular data vs WiFi.
This effectively prevents you from submitting your ID documents to prove you’re over 18. And without completing ID verification, you can’t get fully enrolled in the monetization program.
Understandably, it’s incredibly frustrating to be so close to finally earning money from TikTok only to be blocked by tech issues.
The great news is there are steps you can try on your own to get it fixed. And if that doesn’t work, reporting the problem directly to TikTok should eventually lead to a resolution.
Reasons TikTok Creator Fund Age Verification Is Not Working
Before diving into the troubleshooting, it’s helpful to understand why this frustration verification page loading error happens in the first place.
If you get a different error like “Something went wrong” on TikTok Creator Fund when trying to access Creator Fund age verification, this points to a separate technical issue. Check out this guide for troubleshooting steps more specific to that error message.
Here are the most common reasons:
1. Known Technical Glitch
The inability to properly load the TikTok Creator Fund age verification page is a known technical issue that has happened intermittently over the years.
There have been multiple instances reported both on TikTok’s help forums and across social media from users who suddenly found themselves unable to complete ID verification despite meeting the baseline requirements.
So take comfort knowing that you did not do anything wrong on your end to trigger the error. TikTok’s internal systems are likely just glitching and preventing the page from fully rendering.
2. Heavy Traffic Overloads Servers
Sign-ups for the Creator Fund tend to come in waves, often after TikTok makes changes to the program terms or more creators naturally meet the baseline 10k follower & view thresholds.
Mass influxes of creators attempting age verification for monetization at the same time can temporarily overload TikTok and partner company Jumio’s servers. This can lead to bottlenecks and crashes that display error messages across account sign-ups and logins.
Waiting a few days for traffic to calm down can sometimes resolve the verification loading issues.
3. Integration Issues with Jumio
While TikTok handles the overall management of the Creator Fund program, they rely on digital identity verification company Jumio to process the actual ID document and biometrics screening required.
Any back-end integration issues between TikTok’s systems and Jumio’s verification services can also be the root cause of age verification pages failing to load properly. These problems would require engineering teams on both sides to troubleshoot and fix.
4. Account-Specific Restrictions or Flags
On very rare occasions, there may be something specific to your personal TikTok account that has it flagged from properly accessing parts of TikTok’s systems.
For example, if TikTok suspected spam bot behavior or artificial follower growth tactics used in the past, there could be hidden restrictions placed without warning. Certain country/region combinations have also been inconsistently blocked from monetization eligibility over time.
That said, the vast majority of “couldn’t load page” errors seem to come from the technical glitches or traffic overloads. Usually nothing the individual user did triggers the issue.
Fixes for TikTok Creator Fund Age Verification Not Working
While TikTok resolving these verification page loading problems on their back end can take patience, the good news is there are some short-term troubleshooting steps you can try on your own.
Here are methods users have reported finally getting the page unstuck:
1. Switch Between Cellular & WiFi Networks
The error appears tied more closely to device network connections vs the TikTok app itself.
Some users had luck toggling between cellular data vs WiFi networks on the same phone. Others got it working by installing the TikTok app on a separate mobile device using a different network.
This suggests router configurations, IP settings, or cell tower manages can impact connectivity. Bouncing between networks essentially gives your traffic “fresh eyes” from TikTok’s servers to finally load properly.
To try this:
- If you normally use WiFi, switch phone networks to cellular data
- If you normally use cellular data, connect to a home or public WiFi network
- Also attempt shutting networks off completely for ~60 seconds before reconnecting
Then launch the TikTok app again and try loading the age verification page.
Image Source: Speedify
2. Use Different Browsers and Devices
Like switching between networks, opening the TikTok Creator Fund age verification page in entirely different apps and browsers can also get you fresh connectivity.
Sometimes loading the exact same web page on the same server behaves differently thanks to browser engine quirks. Going from Chrome mobile to Safari desktop for example uses completely different page rendering logic.
Additionally, shifting from the TikTok mobile app to TikTok’s website introduces shifts in communication protocols and security policies that may get your request through.
To attempt accessing the age verification page through as many options as possible:
- Try different mobile browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.
- Shift to desktop browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Edge on both Mac and PC
- Use a friend or family member’s phone or computer as well
With this spray-and-load approach across apps and devices, many users facing loading errors eventually stumbled into success getting the page to fully render.
3. Contact TikTok Directly
If you still have zero luck getting the TikTok Creator Fund age verification page to load after trying all the above steps, it’s time to bring in reinforcements.
Submitting technical support tickets directly to TikTok should help escalate attention to the root causes behind the loading failure.
Here are best practices for how to contact TikTok support about verification issues:
The best way to get your specific Creator Fund loading error on TikTok’s radar is to use the app’s built-in “Report a Problem” feature.
- Inside the TikTok app, go to your profile page and tap the three-dot “more” menu icon
- Choose “Report a Problem”
- Look for the “Submit a report” link at the bottom of the TikTok help page and tap on it.
- Complete the support request form with details on the problem. Provide detailed writeup on exact verification loading error received.
- Submit the report and closely monitor inbox for follow-up from @TikTokCreators
Going through in-app support ensures your report gets routed to the dedicated community management team responsible for Triage and escalation.
Attach screenshots showcasing meeting Creator Fund follower & view thresholds, then the specific “couldn’t load page” error message itself. These visual details help TikTok engineers reproduce and troubleshoot the issue faster.
Twitter and Instagram Outreach
You can also flag the age verification loading error directly to TikTok’s public social media presences:
- Tweet @TikTokSupport
- Comment on recent posts from the official TikTok accounts on Instagram and Facebook
- Be detailed on the exact issue while keeping it civil – no ranting!
- Link to screenshots hosted on Imgur or social posts showing meeting Creator Fund criteria if helpful
While in-app reporting should take priority, sometimes gaining visibility more publicly inspires faster follow-up. But do keep the tone constructive vs accusatory for best results getting support.
4. Be Patient Awaiting Resolution
The key question burning through everyone’s mind after submitting Creator Fund verification loading error reports is: “How long until TikTok fixes this?!”
Unfortunately, there is no universal timeline for resolution. Some users report hearing back within days with confirmation the issue got escalated to an engineering team. Others endure over a month of radio silence before the page finally loads properly again.
Here are a few reasons getting the error fully fixed can take some patience:
- Isolating the root cause requires extensive technical investigation of cloud servers, app code, and 3rd party tools
- Actually deploying viable fixes then allowing adequate soak testing eats calendar days
- Support teams triage thousands of tickets daily, so your report may get temporarily buried
However, take comfort knowing that the problem usually does eventually sort itself out automatically. TikTok wants Creator Fund growth accelerating vs stunted. So they will allocate resources to remedy systematic failures.
In the interim waiting period, continuously retry loading the verification page daily from different devices and networks. Once the broad fix is applied, simply refreshing allows you to complete enrollment before officially hearing back.
And if you miss the automatically fixed window, keep pinging TikTok support until they confirm your specific account got ungated. Politely replying to the support threads requesting status updates can inspire manually expedited reviews.
The “Couldn’t load page” errors preventing properly submitting age verification documents present brutal tests in patience. But your chance to complete TikTok Creator Fund enrollment always remains once core fixes ship – so hang in there!
Troubleshooting Tips Summary
To recap all the troubleshooting steps covered to attempt fixing TikTok Creator Fund age verification loading failures:
- Toggle between cellular data vs WiFi on your mobile device
- Try loading the verification page on different mobile browsers and desktop browsers
- Use a friend or family member’s phone or computer
- Submit technical support tickets with screenshots through TikTok’s in-app “Report a Problem” flow
- Tweet @ TikTokComms and TikTokSupport requesting escalation
- Continuously retry loading the page daily while awaiting resolution
- Politely follow-up on support threads to request status updates
Stay diligent yet patient through the process, and keepPeriodically retrying the page as core infrastructure fixes roll out. Best of luck getting through this frustrating bottleneck blocking you from monetization!
Landing in TikTok Creator Fund “Couldn’t load page” age verification errors feels like a gut punch after finally meeting initial monetization requirements through hard work.
But hope remains between self-service troubleshooting techniques and relying on TikTok’s support teams to investigate and resolve the root causes systematically.
Have you faced similar issues getting age verification working for Creator Fund enrollment? What steps ended up working to resolve the loading failure for you?
Share any other tips not covered above in the comments to help more creators finally achieve their monetization access!