TikTok coins allow users to show appreciation and support for creators on the platform.
However, sometimes issues can occur where purchased coins go missing or disappear from your account unexpectedly.
If your TikTok coins have vanished, don’t panic – the problem can usually be resolved with a few troubleshooting steps.
Why Your TikTok Coins May Be Missing
Before diving into solutions, let’s first understand some reasons why you may be missing coins that you purchased:
- Temporary Outage: TikTok’s servers may be experiencing a temporary outage or connectivity issues that delay coin delivery. This is usually resolved within a few hours.
- Pending Transaction: If your payment for the coins is still being processed and pending, the coins do not appear in your account until the transaction completes successfully.
- Payment Failed: If the payment method you used ended up having insufficient funds or was expired, the transaction can fail and coins are not credited.
- App or Server Issues: Glitches in the TikTok app or bugs on TikTok’s servers can sometimes cause coin purchases to not go through or disappear after crediting the coins.
- Account Problems: Issues with your TikTok account, like being logged out or disconnected while purchasing, can disrupt the transaction.
Now that we know what’s causing the missing coins, let’s walk through each troubleshooting step to get your purchased coins back into your account.
How to Fix TikTok Coins Missing or Disappeared
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first step is to check whether you have a stable internet connection on your device. Open a web browser and try loading some websites to test connectivity.
Without an internet connection, any TikTok coin purchase transactions cannot be completed properly. Make sure you are connected over Wi-Fi or have cellular data turned on. Poor connections can also cause issues.
If you have no internet access, reconnect to restore connectivity before proceeding. Verify that web pages are loading properly in the browser before continuing.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
If your connectivity seems fine, try restarting your Android phone, iPhone, tablet or the device where you use TikTok.
Restarting the device refreshes all apps and clears any minor software glitches that could be interfering with TikTok coin delivery. It only takes a minute.
To restart an iPhone X or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button
- Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear on the display
For other iPhone models, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button together until the Apple logo appears.
On Android phones, hold down the Power button for a few seconds and tap Restart when prompted.
Once your phone or tablet reboots, launch TikTok and check if the coins are now visible.
Fix 3: Force Close and Reopen TikTok
If a reboot did not restore your missing TikTok coins, the next step is closing and reopening the TikTok app to refresh it.
On an iPhone or iPad, you need to double-tap the Home button to bring up the multitasking view. Swipe up on the TikTok preview window to close it.
On Android, open the recent apps list and swipe the TikTok app preview to the side or hit the X icon to remove it from memory.
Now launch TikTok again and see if the coins show up. Reopening the app forces it to reload content and reconnect to TikTok’s servers.
Fix 4: Update the TikTok App
Outdated versions of the TikTok app can suffer from bugs that cause issues like disappearing coins.
Check that you have installed the latest update for TikTok from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
The easiest way is to tap your profile icon in the app and select the settings gear icon to reach the Settings & Privacy page. Tap Manage Account > App Updates.
If an Update button displays, tap it to download the newest TikTok version.
Also manually visit the app store listing to check for updates. The most recent TikTok version solves various bugs.
Fix 5: Log Out and Back In
If freshly updating TikTok did not bring back your coins, logging out and back into your account can resync everything.
From the TikTok app, go to the Me tab, tap the three-line Menu button and choose Manage account > Log out.
Confirm logging out by selecting Log out again on the prompt message.
Once back at the login screen, input your username and password to log back into your TikTok account.
Allow any permissions or notifications prompts that appear then check if the missing coins are now visible.
Logging out reinitializes your account data when you log back in, which rectifies some purchase issues.
Fix 6: Check Your Purchase History
The next logical troubleshooting step is to directly check whether the TikTok coin purchase was actually successful in the first place.
To see your TikTok coin purchase history:
- Tap the Profile icon in the bottom right and select the three-line menu button
- Choose Manage Account > Purchase history
This shows all previous TikTok coin purchases made by the account, alongside their statuses.
Check the latest attempted coin purchase status:
- Successful Purchase: If you see a successful order here matching when you bought the now missing coins, it indicates some account, app or server issue failing to properly credit them. Try the next steps.
- Failed Purchase: A failed purchase means your coins payment did not go through at all – explaining why you aren’t seeing any new coin balance. Retry purchasing the coins.
- No Purchase Shown: If you don’t see any record of your recent coin purchase in history, it could be an isolated app error. Clear the app data and cache next.
Now that you’ve confirmed the payment status, you can better narrow down the possibilities of where things went wrong if a successful purchase isn’t reflecting coins in your account.
Fix 7: Clear TikTok’s Cache and Data
Erasing the TikTok app’s cached data and clearing all app data forces it to start fresh, which can fix coin delivery problems.
On an iPhone or iPad:
1. Access iPhone Settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General:
- Scroll down and tap on General.
3. Find iPhone Storage:
- Within the General settings, locate and tap on iPhone Storage.
4. Locate TikTok:
- Wait for your iPhone to list all installed apps and their storage usage. This might take a few seconds.
- Once the list appears, scroll down to find TikTok and tap on it.
5. Offload App:
- On the TikTok app’s storage page, you’ll see the option to Offload App. Tap on it.
- A confirmation message will appear, explaining that offloading will free up storage by removing the app’s data, but keep its documents and settings intact.
- Tap Offload App to confirm.
To clear TikTok Cache On an Android phone:
- Open the TikTok app: Begin by locating and launching the TikTok app on your Android device.
- Go to your Profile: Tap on the Profile icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will take you to your profile page.
- Access Settings and Privacy: In the top right corner of your profile page, tap on the three-line Menu icon. From the menu that appears, select “Settings and Privacy.”
- Find the Cache and Cellular Data section: Within the Settings and Privacy menu, scroll down until you find the section labeled “Cache and Cellular Data.”
- Tap on Free up space: Under the Cache and Cellular Data section, you’ll see an option called “Free up space.” Tap on this option.
- Clear the Cache: On the Free up space screen, you’ll see two options: “Cache” and “Downloads.” To clear the cache, tap on the “Clear” button next to the Cache option.
- Confirm the action: A pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to clear the cache. Tap on “Clear” again to proceed.
Now reopened the app cleanly to see if your TikTok coins amount updates properly after clearing the old data.
Fix 8: Check Network Connectivity
In some cases, the device may seem connected but still have network connectivity issues stopping the TikTok coins being credited.
On your phone or tablet, open Settings > Wi-Fi and ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal by moving closer to the wireless router. Alternatively, turn off Wi-Fi and switch to a cellular data or mobile network connection instead.
Run a network connectivity test in your browser or app store to confirm your device can access the internet without issues.
Strong network access is vital for connecting to TikTok’s servers to validate and deliver any coin purchases.
Fix 9: Wait for Pending Transactions
If you confirmed from purchase history that the TikTok coin payment is still processing and pending, no further troubleshooting is needed.
Processing times vary between payment methods – it may take up to 24 hours for coin delivery. The TikTok app also displays information about pending orders on the purchase notification popup.
Be patient and wait a while without retrying the transaction to avoid duplicate charges. The coins will appear once the transaction is completed.
In the meantime, you can use TikTok normally even while the order is pending.
Fix 10: Disable VPN or Proxy
To ensure regional availability and appropriate content, TikTok restricts access via VPNs, proxies and IP anonymization tools.
Using a VPN or proxy connection can therefore disrupt TikTok coin purchases and prevent crediting.
Temporarily turn off or disable any VPN apps, proxy servers or anonymization tools on your device. Then try buying the TikTok coins again without VPN enabled.
The transaction should now complete successfully without VPN/proxy interference. Just remember to turn your VPN back on afterward.
Fix 11: Reinstall TikTok
As a last resort if the missing coins still don’t appear after all other troubleshooting, uninstall completely and reinstall TikTok.
- Delete TikTok
- Power off your device
- Turn on your device after 2 minutes
- Reinstall TikTok from the App Store
- Log in to your account
- Force stop the TikTok app
- Clear all TikTok app data again
- Uninstall Updates so you have stock version
- Go to Play Store & update TikTok again
- Launch and log in to TikTok
Reinstalling creates fresh app data and cache while clearing any stubborn bugs that may be interfering with coin crediting.
Fix 12: Try a Different Device
In rare cases, the issues with missing TikTok coins or failed payments may be tied specifically to your device rather than your account.
As a final resolution step, attempt the coin purchase again on a different phone, tablet or computer where you’re also logged into your TikTok account.
If the payment goes through and coins get credited properly on the other device, it indicates a device-specific bug versus account issue. You can either continue using TikTok just on that alternate device or contact TikTok support for help debugging the problem device.
However if the coins don’t show up on any device, it points to your TikTok account requiring attention through next steps.
Fix 13: Report the Issue to TikTok
If none of the above troubleshooting resolved your TikTok coins disappearing or purchase issues, directly contact TikTok support for additional help.
You can submit an email request to TikTok or reach out on Facebook/Twitter for further investigation by staff.
Make sure to provide:
- Your username
- Details of missing coin purchase
- Screenshots of failed transactions
- Troubleshooting attempts
- Error messages
Support can check server logs, trace issues more thoroughly or expedite refunds as appropriate to get your purchased coins returned.
Additionally, you can report app bugs suspected of causing the problems through Settings > Report a Problem so TikTok can improve the functionality.
While losing hard-earned TikTok coins can be incredibly frustrating, hopefully, these troubleshooting tips resolve your issues promptly! Let me know in the comments if they helped fix your TikTok coins not showing.