Have you been looking for ways to make your Instagram story more interesting by knowing how to make videos play automatically on your Instagram story? or How to Make Videos Play automatically on Instagram Story?
The Instagram story feature has been very significant to a lot of Instagram users since they are able to post their day-to-day activities on the platform for a span of 24 hours.
It has made the Instagram app more interactive and Instagram users obviously do not miss the chance to make doodles and add text to videos and photos as well as music.
Users have also been able to share photos, videos, reels, and IGTV on their Instagram stories, all making the Instagram story feature experience more interesting than before.
Well, as much as users have enjoyed the Instagram story feature so far, they still earn to know how best they can utilize the feature to their benefit, and knowing how to make videos play automatically on the Instagram story is no exception.
Just like you, most Instagram story users have been wanting to know:
- How to make video post play on Instagram story.
- How to play video previews on Instagram story.
- How to show a video on an Instagram story.
- How to make post play on Instagram story.
- How to repost a video on the Instagram story and have it play automatically.
In the course of viewing Instagram stories, you may either have to play the Instagram story videos automatically or you have to tap on them before they play.
Most users, just wish the Instagram story videos would just play automatically but it is actually not the case for some of you.
We assure you the best guidelines to help you know how to make video posts play on Instagram stories. Just read more!
Why Instagram Stories Don’t Play Automatically
As much as you want to know how to make video posts play on Instagram story, it is very important to know why you have your Instagram stories not playing automatically. Most of these issues come as a result of some settings we have on the phone or the app.
All the reasons for your Instagram stories not playing have been enlisted below:
- Data Usage limit for the Instagram app.
- Outdated Instagram app.
- Problem with the Instagram app on your device.
How to Make Video Post Play on Instagram Story
1. Turn Off Instagram Data Usage Limit
Enabling auto-play on Instagram consumes a lot of data because you may watch videos that you naturally wouldn’t want to play. Because of that, most users turn on their data saver which automatically limits the data usage on Instagram.
For that matter in order to be able to make videos play automatically on Instagram, you should turn off the Instagram data usage limit. This will enable you to allow videos to play on their own without any data limits.
This can be done in two ways which are: Turning off the data usage limit on the Instagram app and or turning off the data usage limit on your phone Settings.
After disabling the “Use less cellular data” option, the Instagram app will be given the free chance to consume as much data as it needs to feed you what you want without skipping any. This will enable you to play Instagram videos on your story play automatically.
To turn off Instagram data usage limit:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android or iOS.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap on your Profile in the downright of your Instagram feed. This will take you to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal in the top right of your Instagram profile.
- Scroll down and tap on “Account“.
- Scroll down and find “Data Usage” and tap on it.
- Turn off the toggle for “Use less cellular data“.
- Go back to load Instagram stories to check if you still face the issue of Instagram story videos not playing automatically.
As said earlier, another way to remove the limit on your data usage is to do it on your phone. To do this, follow the steps below either on android or iOS.
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Select Data Saver.
- Toggle the button close to the Data Server to turn it off.
- Launch Settings.
- Go to Cellular or Mobile Data
- Tap on the Cellular Data or Mobile Data options.
- Choose Data Mode.
- Slide the toggle button close to the Low Data Mode to turn it off.
2. Update the Instagram App or Reinstall the Instagram App
In the recent updates of the Instagram app and the Instagram story feature, it is easy to repost a video to autoplay on your story from your own account or that of another user. This update does not take place on Instagram apps that have not been updated recently.
It is very necessary to go ahead and update your Instagram app to allow you to autoplay Instagram videos on the story. If possible, you can also decide to delete the outdated Instagram app you are using currently and download the latest version to give you the best experience while using the Instagram app.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Instagram app:
- Close all apps running in the background including the Instagram app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device
- Search for Instagram in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Clos the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Instagram app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Instagram on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Instagram live not working.
3. Reupload the Video Following the New Update
After you have successfully downloaded or updated the Instagram app, you should utilize the new update to make your Instagram story videos play automatically now.
If you are the user who wants to make your Instagram video on story play automatically, you should reupload the video on your story but this time in a different way than the usual way you do it.
If you are not the user but what to play the videos automatically, then you should follow the other guidelines aside from this.
To make videos play automatically on Instagram story, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android or iOS.
- Open the video you want to repost on your Instagram story.
- Tap on the Arrow icon right at the bottom of the post.
- After seeing a pop-up full of options, choose “Add video to your story“.
- You will be taken to the story screen and the video should start playing automatically.
- After all that is done, tap on the “Your Story” button.
- If you post the video right after you are taken to the editing story screen, you may end up facing the issue of your Instagram story videos not playing automatically to your story viewers.
4. Log In to Instagram on a Different Device or Browser
Most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as Instagram video posts on story not loading automatically.
Due to that, it is advised that you log out of the Instagram app on your phone if possible, and log in to another device or another browser. When using a browser to access the social media platform, it is advised that you use browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Safari browser.
We believe that it is highly possible that your Instagram account will work now perfectly and load story videos play automatically on another device or browser as a result of the different situations your device may find itself in.
5. Contact Instagram Support Centre
All of the above options on How to Make Video Post Play on Instagram Story and therefore if you still find it very difficult to deal with the challenge of Instagram story videos not playing automatically on iOS, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Instagram Support Center.
They aid you to remedy the issue in the best way, answering questions like “Why is my Instagram story video not playing automatically?” or “Why is my Instagram story video delaying playing?”
Finally, we recommend that you visit their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue. You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile.
2. Scroll through the options and select Settings.
3. Scroll through the settings options and tap on Help.
4. Scroll through the Help options and Report a problem.
5. After choosing Report a problem, type your problem and hit submit.
Conclusion (How to Make Videos Play Automatically on Instagram Story)
This article dubbed “How to Make Video Post Play on Instagram Story” gives you the highest possible guidelines that you should not hesitate to check out any day to find a better solution or options on how to make Instagram story posts play automatically, and knowing the reasons that caused you to trouble over the issue.
As outlined in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your outdated Instagram app, and data usage conditions, among others.