Are you having a hard time trying to get your Kik notifications to work properly? Fear not, for I have some tricks up my sleeves that might just help you solve this pesky problem.
First things first, let’s get a little background on what exactly Kik notifications are and why they’re important. Simply put, Kik notifications are alerts that inform you of new messages, friend requests, and other activity on the Kik messaging app.
These notifications allow you to stay connected with your friends and family, even when you’re not actively using the app.
But when these notifications stop working, it can be a major hindrance to your social life and overall user experience. The good news is that there are a few simple steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue.
In this blog post, we’ll delve into the possible causes of Kik notifications not working and provide some feasible solutions for each. By the end of this post, you should have a better understanding of how to get your Kik notifications up and running again.
So grab a cup of your favorite caffeinated beverage, get comfortable, and let’s dive in!
Why are my Kik Notifications not Working or Showing up in my Inbox?
So why is it that Kik notifications aren’t working? Here’s a comprehensive list of potential reasons why your notifications may not be functioning properly:
- Your device’s notification settings are not properly configured.
- Another common issue is a lack of proper internet connectivity. Without a stable internet connection, notifications may not be able to reach your device.
- Sometimes, the problem may lie within the app itself. If you’ve recently updated your version of Kik, it’s possible that the update may have caused some bugs or glitches that are preventing notifications from functioning properly.
- Additionally, it’s possible that your device’s memory may be full, causing issues with the app’s ability to send and receive notifications.
- On the flip side, it’s also possible that you may have too many apps running in the background, taking up valuable resources and causing issues with notification delivery.
- Another potential cause could be a problem with your device’s operating system. If you’re using an older version of iOS or Android, it’s possible that it may not be compatible with the latest version of Kik, leading to notification issues.
- It’s also worth considering if you have any third-party apps or plugins installed that may be causing conflicts with Kik’s notification system.
- Finally, it’s possible that the problem may simply be a temporary glitch or outage on Kik’s end.
How to Fix Kik Notifications not Working, Showing up or Manually Disabled
1. Restart Your Phone
One of the first things you can try when troubleshooting issues with your device is to simply restart it. This can often resolve any minor issues or glitches that may be causing problems.
To restart your device, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button until the power options menu appears.
- Tap “Restart” or “Reboot.”
- Confirm that you want to restart the device.
It’s important to note that you should save any open documents or files before restarting your device, as you will lose any unsaved changes.
Once your device has restarted, try opening Kik and checking your notifications again. If they are still not working, there may be other issues at play.
2. Check your Phone’s Sound Settings
You should initially check your phone’s volume if Kik alerts are still arriving but you can’t hear them. Make sure it isn’t muted so that you won’t hear the alerts as they arrive on your device.
There are instances where Kik shows notifications but no messages, which is a different issue altogether.
At the same time, make sure your phone is not on “Silent Mode,” since this may be the reason your alerts aren’t being received.
When Silent Mode is activated, all notifications, including those from the Kik app, have their sounds muted.
This implies that your phone’s silent mode and you will not hear Kik notifications even though they are turned on.
Depending on the sort of Android smartphone you have, you might need to use the volume button or a specific sound button to turn off Silent Mode. For such, there is a toggle switch on iPhones located on the right side of the bar.
Silent mode can be disabled by pressing the Silent/Ringer switch until it clicks toward the screen. You can still use Silent Mode on your phone if the orange line is visible.
To disable or exit silent mode on Android phones, press the volume up button to increase the volume. If your Kik notifications are not showing on Samsung phones or any other android phone, this can be useful.
3. Update the Kik App
Keeping your app up to date is important for ensuring that it works properly. To update Kik, go to the app store on your phone and check for updates. If there is a new version available, install it to see if that fixes the problem.
To prevent these problems, it’s crucial that you update your Kik app to the most recent and reliable version.
This will ensure that you have all the latest features and bug fixes, including any necessary fixes for notifications.
To update your Kik app:
- Open the App Store or Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Kik” in the search bar.
- Tap on the Kik app in the search results.
- Tap on the “Update” button next to the app.
4. Turn Off the “Do Not Disturb” Mode
If your phone is in “Do Not Disturb” mode, you won’t receive any notifications. The “Do Not Disturb” mode may be to blame if you aren’t getting any notifications from any app, including Kik. In order to receive Kik notifications, you must turn it off.
To Turn off Do Not Disturb on iPhones (iOS)
- Go to “Settings > Focus” on your iPhone to switch off “Do Not Disturb Mode.”
- On the next screen, tap any Focus mode that is marked as “On” to switch it off.
To Turn off Do Not Disturb on Android
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap on “Sound & Vibration.”
- Tap on “Do Not Disturb” then proceed to toggle it to the left to turn it off (if it was on).
5. Turn on Push Notifications for Kik
Another method to solve broken Kik notifications is to see if Kik Push Notifications are enabled, and if not, to turn them on. A recent update may have automatically deactivated alerts or you may have accidentally turned them off.
Users have the option to personalize notifications in Kik’s settings, and they may unintentionally turn off the app’s notifications. A Kik app upgrade or reinstallation may have also reset these settings.
You won’t hear the notification alert if the app’s notification sounds are off. Therefore, make sure that the Kik app for Android or iPhone has the notification sound turned on.
It’s also possible that you have reset your Kik notifications at one point in time.
Working on this can also be helpful if Kik shows notifications but no messages associated.
If all other notifications from other apps have sound, try this workaround in particular.
How to Turn on Kik Notifications on Android
- Tap on the gear settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Notifications” located below your profile.
- Ensure the “Mute New Chats” toggle is off.
- Tap on “In-app Alerts.”
- Ensure the “Allow Notifications” is toggled on. This will ensure you will receive notifications from Kik Messenger when there are new messages.
By enabling these specific notifications on the Kik app, you can be sure that you will receive all those notifications with sound.
6. Check Kik’s General Notification Settings
In addition to your phone’s notification settings, Kik has its own notification settings that you can customize.
You won’t receive notifications even if you enable the in-app notification settings for Kik if the system settings have Kik’s notifications off.
To Check your device’s settings for the Kik app’s notification preferences.
- On Android, go to “Settings.”
- Tap on “App management” and then proceed to “App List.
- Select Kik from the list of apps.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Turn on the toggle to enable notifications for Kik that you want to receive.
Your device’s notification settings may have some settings that are interfering with Kik push notifications. Because of this, you might have unintentionally or purposefully turned off notifications on your device in the past.
Turning on notifications as described above will ensure you receive notifications from Kik without any interference.
7. Disable Battery Saving Mode
The majority of gadgets offer a battery-saving mode that extends the time between charges. For consumers who must use their devices for extended periods of time, this function is intrinsically valuable.
However, Kik notification sounds and other notifications could be affected if the battery-saving mode is always enabled on your phone.
The explanation is that when the device is turned off, Battery Saving Mode pauses all background operations. Your Kik alerts may not function or display as a result of this minor power-saving adjustment.
To solve the problem, you must disable the battery-saving mode.
For iOS (iPhone Users)
- Go to “Settings” then proceed to “Battery” on your iPhone to disable battery-saving mode.
- Deactivate “Low Power Mode” by turning it off.
For Android Users
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Tap on “Battery” then proceed to “Battery Saver.”
- Turn off the battery saver mode.
For Tecno phones, tap on “Battery Lab” from the settings. Navigate to “Advanced Settings” and tap on “Battery Saver.” Turn off the toggle labelled “Use Battery Saver.”
8. Enable Background Data Usage for Kik
Push notifications for Kik may also be problematic depending on your mobile data and Wi-Fi connection settings.
Users who disable Background Data Usage typically don’t get notifications while using mobile data. But as soon as they connect to Wi-Fi, they’ll be inundated with notifications.
Try turning on Background Data Usage on your smartphone if this sounds familiar to you.
To enable background data usage for Kik on Android:
- On Android, go to “Settings.”
- Tap on “App management” and then proceed to “App List.
- Select Kik from the list of apps.
- Tap on “Mobile data & Wi-fi.”
- Ensure the “Background data” toggle is enabled to “enable usage of mobile data in the background.
In essence, this setting gives the Kik app internet access even when it’s not open when utilizing cellular data. Consequently, the app may continuously update and send you timely notifications.
9. Log out of Kik and Log in Again
If Kik notifications are enabled in the system settings and the app but you are still not receiving them, you can try signing out and then back into Kik.
This is sometimes all it takes to resolve the Kik notifications not working issue.
To log out of your Kik account:
- Tap on the settings icon in the lower right corner to access your profile.
- Underneath your profile, tap on “Your Account.”
- Tap on “Log Out.”
- Confirm by tapping on “YES.”
After logging out, log in again and check if you will get subsequent notifications from Kik.
10. Reinstall Kik to Fix the Notification not Working Issue
Reinstalling Kik can fix your issue if everything else fails. A fresh copy of the program will include all the most recent updates while uninstalling the app deletes all the data related to Kik, some of which may be damaged and interfere with alerts.
To uninstall and re-install Kik:
- Long-press on the Kik app and choose “Uninstall,” “Delete” or “Remove.”
- Confirm the action by tapping on “OK.”
- Go to Google Playstore (Android) or the Apple App Store (iPhones) and search for “Kik.”
- Tap on “Install” or “Get” to get it installed.
After reinstalling Kik, you can expect the notifications to work again.
11. Clear Kik App’s Cache to fix the Notification Issue
The technology behind caching in apps can be really helpful in the smooth functioning of the app. However, corrupt cached files and data can occasionally cause issues such as the one under discussion – Kik notifications not working.
If the Kik notifications issue is caused by cached files and data, then it’s essential to clear the cache to get it resolved.
To clear Kik cache on Android
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “App Management.”
- Proceed to “App List” to see all the apps you’ve installed on your phone.
- From the list of apps displayed, select “Kik.”
- Tap on “Storage & Cache.” Proceed to tap on “Clear Cache.”
To get Kik cache and data cleared on an iPhone, simply uninstall it, then reinstall.
In conclusion, fixing Kik notifications that are not working can be a frustrating experience. However, with a little bit of patience and some troubleshooting techniques, it is definitely possible to get your notifications up and running again.
One of the first things to try is to make sure that your internet connection is strong and stable. If you are experiencing issues with your Wi-Fi or mobile data, this could be causing your notifications to fail.
Another solution is to check your notification settings within the Kik app. Make sure that you have enabled notifications for the app and that you have selected the appropriate notification types (e.g. push notifications, in-app notifications).
If these solutions do not work, it may be necessary to uninstall and reinstall the app. This can sometimes clear up any issues that may be causing your notifications to malfunction.
Ultimately, fixing Kik notifications that are not working may require a bit of trial and error. But with some persistence, you should be able to get your notifications up and running again in no time.