As an Instagram user, having questions concerning your Instagram account and you want to know if Instagram deletes inactive accounts. Look no further because we are going to give you the best answers you need concerning this issue.
Instagram has been a very interesting social media platform since its emergence and users cannot stop using the platform because of how exciting it is to use the app, taking into consideration all of its fascinating features.
Nevertheless, some users have more than one account and that mostly renders some of the accounts inactive. These users usually have two accounts for the sake of having backups for the main account, in case it is hacked.
Other Instagram accounts become inactive especially when the user actually cannot remember his or her password to the account. Some of these users actually do not remember any of the information to even retrieve the account, including the account username and email accounts.
When this happens, the user has this fear of losing the account one day since he or she is not capable of accessing the account anymore. After going through all the means to fetch the account again and it is to no avail, they just leave the account, wondering whether Instagram will delete the account or not.
However, some users also leave these accounts deliberately, especially when they get the chance to manage better accounts. They may leave the account for a very long time perhaps thinking they can still have access to the account after all.
Now, everything comes back to the main question, does Instagram delete inactive accounts? Actually, in order to keep the Instagram platform clean and updated, they undergo certain measures related to inactive users on the platform or usage terms.
Does Instagram Delete Inactive Accounts?
Yes, Instagram goes ahead to delete inactive accounts after a long period of being inactive on the platform.
Actually, Instagram does not mention exactly how long your account can remain inactive before it is deleted but considering some reports from users of the platform who lost their accounts after remaining inactive for a long time, it is highly factual that if your Instagram account remains for about a year or two inactive, it will be successfully deleted by Instagram.
The issue of your account deletion affects both personal accounts and branded accounts that have remained inactive for about a year or two.
Because of this, it is advised that you log in to your account at least once or twice a year so that your account will stay away from being deleted after a year or two.
How Do I Keep My Instagram Account Active?
An inactive account on Instagram is an account that has not performed any activity for a long period of time, usually a year or two. It is important to know that if your account is inactive, it does not mean you are not posting anything on your profile or feed.
It is about being logged out from your Instagram account for a long period of time. Therefore, even if other users go to like your posts, your account is still not considered active.
Below are some tips you can consider to keep your Instagram account active to protect it from inactiveness:
1. Link Your Instagram to Your Facebook Account
One best way to keep your Instagram account active when you are actually a very active user of Facebook is to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook account. This will enable you to share posts you make on Facebook on Instagram as well.
For that matter, if you do not necessarily use the Instagram account by launching it in a long while, you will still keep it updated because you are actually making posts there from time to time, via your Facebook account. But before you log in to Instagram via Facebook, you should have already linked your Facebook account with your Instagram account.
Other than that, do not waste your time login into Instagram through Facebook when you know you have not linked the two accounts or you even do not have a Facebook account.
Kindly use this opportunity to link your Facebook account to your Instagram account now so that you can easily post on Instagram using your Facebook account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Go to your profile directly or tap on your profile picture to take you there.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right and choose settings
- Select Instagram
- To add the Instagram account to your Facebook account, tap on Connect account.
- Make sure you allow access to Instagram messages in your inbox.
- Click continue and enter your Instagram password and select login
If you have already done the above, then you should just tap on Instagram in the settings section and log in.
2. Share Your Instagram Account Link to Be Followed
It is imperative to know that if you continue to have more followers on your Instagram account that you have a rise in account followers over the period, your account will not be rendered inactive. Therefore, it is advised that you share your Instagram account to be followed by people.
You can copy the link on Instagram and share the link on your story and other social media platforms like Facebook and Whatsapp so that you get followed. If you do not know how to copy the Instagram link to be shared, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile.
- Tap on your profile in the downright of your Instagram feed.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located in the top right of your profile.
- On the menu that shows up, tap on “QR Code”
- You will see your “QR Code” and you can screenshot it to be scanned by people.
- Or tap on the arrow at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will see “copy” and you can copy it to be shared on all platforms.
3. Make Your Account Public if it is Private
If you have a private account on Instagram, your account is restricted from the general public and only a few people can engage your account.
Those are followers that you have accepted their follow request. Since you are not available on the platform to accept follow requests, it reduces the kind of engagements you should have with followers to render your account active.
Therefore, in order to render your account active to avoid deletion by Instagram, you should make the privatized account active. To publicize your private Instagram account, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android or iOS.
- Log into your Instagram account if you haven’t signed in already.
- Tap on your Profile icon in the bottom right corner of your Instagram feed.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located in the top right of your Instagram feed. This will open to you a menu.
- On the menu, tap on “Settings”.
- At Settings, tap on Privacy and Security.
- At Privacy and Security, tap on “Account Security”.
- Now, tap “Account privacy” at the top of the menu.
- Tap on the toggle near the “Private Account” to publicize the account.
4. Log in to Your Instagram Account Once in a While
As said earlier, it is very advisable that you log in to your Instagram account once in a while to keep it updated. If you are able to log in to your account successfully, then you should make sure you keep the account active.
It is not recommended that you log out of your Instagram account for a long time. If for any reason you would have to delete your Instagram account, try as much as possible to log in to the app either on another device or via nstagram.com to keep the account updated.
You can follow the steps below if you want to log in to your Instagram account:
- Launch the Instagram app or open the Instagram web on your browser.
- Insert your correct username and password or email and password.
- Tap on login to log in to your Instagram account.
- Try engaging content to keep it updated.
Can My Deleted Instagram Account Be Restored?
The answer to this question is Yes and No. This is because Instagram actually does not restore deleted accounts. Account deletion is done in two ways. It is either you delete the account yourself or Instagram deletes your account.
Once your account has been deleted successfully, you should consider it gone forever and never to be restored but you have the chance to appeal for a restoration of the account. Even for the appeal of your account to be restored, it is very rare but you can try since it is still slightly possible to get your account restored.
You must contact Instagram support, by following the steps below to report the issue:
- Log in to Instagram using a different account.
- Go to the profile and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right of the profile.
- Tap on Settings in the menu that shows up.
- Tap “Help”.
- Choose “Report a Problem”
- Choose “Report without shaking”
- Now, tap on “Include stand continue” to include complete logs and diagnostics.
- Now, report the problem, showing them all the necessary evidence needed for your account to be restored.
- Wait for a response if your account will be restored again. If not, then we recommend you create a new Instagram account after it is deleted.
Does Instagram Send A Warning Before Account Deletion?
At first, Instagram was not notifying users who have kept their accounts inactive for a long while that their accounts were going to be deleted but after a recent update by Instagram, they claim they send a warning before deleting any account on Instagram.
Therefore, Instagram will send you a warning about your account yet to be deleted, giving you the necessary reasons why your account would be deleted. You will be informed that for the sake of your account’s inactivity, Instagram is going to delete your account.
After some time, if you pay heed to Instagram and you return to log in to your account and do the needful to make the account active, the chances that the account will no longer be deleted are high. But if you do not respond to Instagram by going to activate your account after some time when you received the warning, then consider your account deleted forever.
Therefore we will advise that if your Instagram account becomes inactive for a while, and Instagram goes the long way to inform you that your account is going to be deleted because of its inactivity, then you should not hesitate to respond to this by login in your account and engaging content for a while.
This will make Instagram realize you are back on the account and it is active. For that matter, Instagram’s algorithms on your yet-to-be-deleted account will not happen and your account will be protected from deletion because it will now be rendered active.
Wrapping Up – Does Instagram Delete Deactivated Accounts?
It is very necessary to know that when your account gets deleted permanently by Instagram, it is very difficult to be able to access the account again. Therefore you should endeavor to keep your Instagram account very active for some time in order to keep the account.
If you have been notified that your account is going to be deleted because of inactivity, then you should be quick to respond by keeping the account active.
We are pretty sure you have now found very good answers to the question, “Does Instagram delete inactive accounts?” Therefore you should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to keep your Instagram account active.
This article gives you direct guidelines on how best you can make your Instagram account active and answers other necessary questions concerning Instagram account deletion.