As a content creator, it’s crucial to stay on top of comments and replies to your videos. However, many users have reported that they receive notifications for comments but cannot find them on the video.
This can be frustrating and make it difficult to engage with your audience. In this article, we will explore the possible reasons why this might be happening, and offer solutions to help you find and manage your comments.
Possible Reasons for Missing Comments
Here are some known reasons why YouTube comments show in notifications but not on videos:
- Comments are not showing up in the “Top Comments” display mode: Sometimes, comments may not be visible when the “Top Comments” display mode is selected. Changing the display mode to “Newest First” can help you find the missing comments.
- Comments are in the “Held for Review” or “Likely Spam” tabs: YouTube has a feature that automatically filters comments that may be spam or contain inappropriate content. These comments can be found in the “Held for Review” or “Likely Spam” tabs in the comments section of YouTube Studio. Approving these comments and replying to them will make them appear under your video.
- Comments are just gone: In some cases, comments may be completely gone and cannot be found in the “Held for Review” or “Likely Spam” tabs. It’s possible that the user may have deleted their comment, but if the comment is from a close friend or someone you know, you can confirm if they deleted it or not.
How to Fix YouTube Comments in Notifications But Not on Video
Here are a few ways to fix YouTube not getting comment notifications:
1. Use the YouTube Studio App as a Creator
One solution that has been reported by many users is to use the YouTube Studio mobile app to find missing comments.
The mobile app provides a better view of the comments section and allows you to find comments that were held for review.
To find missing comments:
- Download the YouTube Studio mobile app
- Go to the comments section, and tap on the “Held for Review” radion button. Tap on “Apply” to save the changes. This will reveal all comments that have been kept by YouTube for moderation.
- You’ll be able to approve and reply to these comments, and they will appear under your video.
It’s worth noting that this feature only keeps comments that are recent, so comments that are older than that may be permanently lost. However, this solution will help you find and manage comments moving forward.
2. Check Your Email Settings
Another reason why you may not be receiving comment notifications is that your email settings may be incorrect. To check this, follow these steps:
- Go to your Google account settings and select “Security”.
- Make sure the toggle switch for “Less secure app access” is turned on.
- Check your spam or promotions folder in your email to see if the notifications are being sent there.
If the toggle switch for “Less secure app access” is off, then you need to turn it on to receive comment notifications. Additionally, it is possible that the notifications are being sent to your spam or promotions folder, so make sure to check those folders as well.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
Another reason why you may not be receiving comment notifications is that your internet connection may be unstable. To check this, follow these steps:
- Make sure your internet connection is stable and not experiencing any interruptions. You can use tools like Speed test by Ookla and fast.com to check the strength of your internet connection.
- Try turning off your wifi and switching to mobile data to see if that makes a difference.
- Turn on airplane mode and turn on off again.
If your internet connection is unstable, then you need to fix it to receive comment notifications.
YouTube Comment Notification But No Comment – Conclusion
Missing comments can be frustrating, but by understanding the possible reasons why this might be happening and using the YouTube Studio mobile app, you can find and manage your comments effectively.
Remember to check the “Held for Review” and “Likely Spam” tabs in the mobile app to find missing comments, and approve and reply to them to make them appear under your video.
Following these steps will help you stay on top of comments and engage with your audience effectively.