Are you wondering where all your Snapchat filters passed all of a sudden? Do you want to know how to get all the missing Snapchat filters back as soon as possible? Then worry no more because we’ve got you covered! We will aid you to restore the missing Snapchat filters. Just read more!
Snapchat obviously cannot do without filters, so it is surprising and very worrisome if you launch your Snapchat app and do not see the Snapchat filters. It is one of the significant features that actually attract new users to explore the social media app.
Despite how interesting it is to use the Snapchat filter for photos and videos, you may launch the Snapchat app and ask yourself where did all the Snapchat filters go? You may have used the filter a few minutes ago, only to relaunch the app and see the filters no more.
We will definitely show you how to restore the missing Snapchat filters on your Snapchat. We are not going to leave your question “Where did all the Snapchat filters go?” unanswered! Just read more.
Where Did All the Snapchat Filters Go?
You may be wondering where all the Snapchat filters passed all of a sudden and this is why. The reason why you cannot see your Snapchat filters is because of a pending update on your Snapchat. You may be using an outdated Snapchat app that needs to be updated to get the latest Snapchat filters.
Outdated Snapchat apps are usually filled with bugs that cause your Snapchat filter to disappear all of a sudden. It is important that you should clear the bugs and caches on your Snapchat app since all your Snapchat appears have disappeared randomly.
Fixes for Snapchat Filters not Showing
1. Check your Internet Connection
Internet connection is very significant in loading Snapchat filters especially if you have not saved your Snapchat filters for offline usage. Therefore you must have enough internet connection in order to load your Snapchat filters to use them effectively. It may be due to a poor internet connection that your Snapchat filters have suddenly disappeared.
You may have run out of data allocation which is affecting your internet connection. To be To remedy this, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
When you are done checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you are having a speed of your network ranging below 10Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very worrying.
Therefore it is advised that you get a better data location then you can try again to see if you still can’t see your Snapchat filters.
2. Activate Snapchat Filters
Snapchat has a feature that enables you to turn off your Snapchat filters and that is for iPhone Snapchat users. It may be that your Snapchat filters have been disabled by you mistakenly and you must enable the Snapchat filters before they will appear again on your screens.
Follow these easy steps to activate your Snapchat filters:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Login to your Snapchat app if you are logged out of your account.
- Tap on your profile or avatar icon in the top left of your screen.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right of your profile to open the Settings menu.
- Now scroll down to “Additional Services”.
- Under “Additional Services”, tap Manage.
- Now check if “Filters” have been disabled. If yes, enable filters.
- Now check if you see your Snapchat filters again.
3. Relaunch the Snapchat App
We recommend that after you activate the Snapchat filters and you still encounter the issue, you should relauch the Snapchat app and you can do this by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it. To do this, you must leave the Snapchat app and clear all running apps in the background.
After quitting the Snapchat app, relaunch the app and check if you still see your Snapchat filters.
4. Restart Your Device
After relaunching the app and you are still facing the issue, another fast way to deal with your missing Snapchat filters quickly is by restarting your device. Your Snapchat may not work as usual if background processes on your phone are slowing down the speed of the phone to make the app work effectively.
Therefore it is very necessary to deal with this issue by restarting your device. For android, iOS users and Windows users, the process to undertake this method has been listed below:
- Press and hold your phone’s power button for a few seconds.
- When you see the power menu tap on restart or tap on Power off
- If you chose Power off, wait a while and turn on the phone again.
- When the phone turns on again, launch the Snapchat app.
- Now check if you can see your Snapchat filters.
- Press and hold your iPhone’s side button or volume button.
- When the power-off slider comes up, drag it to turn the phone off.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it back on.
- Now launch the Snapchat app and see if you can find your Snapchat filters.
5. Check if the Snapchat Sever is Down
It is imperative to know that sometimes the fault of these Snapchat filters not showing on iPhone or android may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Snapchat, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to use the app for your regular activities. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should not hesitate to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Snapchat” and check if they serve you with Snapchat outage reports in your area.
Aside from this, you can also check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from Snapchat about their app malfunctions.
6. Clear Snapchat App Cache and Data
As said earlier, you may be having difficulties in seeing your Snapchat filters as a result of app cache and date in your Snapchat app that you must clear. Most of these glitches come as a result of app caches of the Snapchat app which is causing your Snapchat to malfunction.
Therefore, it is advised that you clear your Snapchat app cache and data to verify if it is truly the fault of the app cache or not. Follow the steps below to clear Snapchat app cache and data:
- Close the Snapchat app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on the app info
3. After tapping on the “App info”, Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it.
4. Go down to tap on the Clear Cache to clear the Snapchat app cache
5. Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Clear Snapchat cache as an iOS user using the following steps:
- Unlock your phone and launch the Settings app
- Tap on General and select iPhone Storage
- Look for Snapchat in the list of apps and tap on it
- You’ll see all the details of the Snapchat storage so you choose Documents & Data
- Tap on the offloaded app to clear the Snapchat app cache.
7. Login to Snapchat on a Different Device
The issues you are facing with your Snapchat filters disappearing may not be your Snapchat account but the Snapchat app on your device or faults with the device itself.
Due to that, it is advised that you log out of the Snapchat account on your phone if possible, and log in to another device or another browser to use your Snapchat filters.
We are assured that it is quite possible that your Snapchat account may work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of the different situations your device may find itself in.
To login to your Snapchat account on another device, use the steps below:
- Launch the Snapchat app on the other device.
- Insert your email or username
- Insert the password of your Snapchat account.
- Tap on login to get access to your account.
- Now check if you can now see your Snapchat filters.
8. Update the Snapchat App or Reinstall the Snapchat App
As we stated earlier, it is very important that you consider updating or reinstalling your Snapchat app on your phone especially after you have cleared your Snapchat app bugs and data and you still face the issue with your Snapchat filters.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of the Snapchat app which has started causing unnecessary errors because it must be updated. For that matter, you should not hesitate to update the Snapchat app. Below are the steps you can use to update your Snapchat app.
- Close all apps running in the background including the Snapchat app.
- Go to the Google Play store or App store on your device
- Search for Snapchat in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue with your Snapchat filters.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Close the Snapchat app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Snapchat app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Snapchat on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still have an issue with your Snapchat filters.
8. Contact Snapchat Support Centre
All of the above options on how to restore your disappeared Snapchat filters are very possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to restore the filters even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Snapchat support center.
They aid you to solve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “Why can’t I see my Snapchat filters?” or “Where did all the Snapchat filters go? Visiting the Snapchat Support Center to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue to know how to restore your missing Snapchat filters after all. You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your android or iOS.
- This will take you to the camera screen
- Tap on your Bitmoji located in the upper left corner of the screen you are
4. Tap the Settings icon at the upper right corner of your screen
5. Go to the setting menu and scroll down to find “I Need Help” under Support and tap on it.
6. Now report your problem of Snapchat filters not showing.
Where Did All the Snapchat Filters Go? (Conclusion)
We are pretty sure you have now found a remedy to your problem with the Snapchat app. Therefore you should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on why you can’t see your Snapchat filters and know the reasons that caused you to beat yourself over the issue.
This article gives you direct guidelines to fix the issue and know how to go about your issue with your Snapchat app with regards to your Snapchat filters in the comfort of your home.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of the Snapchat app cache, Snapchat filters not being activated and using an outdated Snapchat app among others.
Look for a detailed highlight on the question, “Where did all the Snapchat filters go?” in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.