Are you having problems with your WhatsApp because you see your WhatsApp status not updating? or you are disturbed by consistently not showing views or it has kept so long updating the status update?
Since it allows you to communicate how you spend your day and specific items you want to share with the public, WhatsApp’s status feature has been the most intriguing aspect of the social networking app.
Despite being a fantastic tool for WhatsApp users, it can occasionally malfunction. These issues with the WhatsApp status typically arise when a user wants to change their status using images, videos, or even texts but is utterly unable to do so.
Aside from the Whatsapp status not showing views error messages some users receive, other users just get stuck and are just unable to send or upload the status update.
This usually may be a result of a slow internet connection or other factors that hinder the speed of updating your WhatsApp status successfully.
Would you want to know the very reason for these problems you are facing and the best remedies you can get to curb the issue? Then trust me you are at the best place to fix your WhatsApp status not updating. Just read more!
Why is WhatsApp Status not Updating or Showing Views?
It is imperative to know as a WhatsApp user that most of these issues we face using WhatsApp are self-inflicted and therefore we can easily find solutions to them without having to beat ourselves for simple glitches.
Per our observations using the app and the issues many users have, the suggested reasons for WhatsApp calls not ringing are as follows:
- Poor network connection.
- Outdated version of the device you’re using to access the app.
- Outdated version of the WhatsApp app you are currently using.
- WhatsApp cache or data.
- The WhatsApp system is down.
- Wrong communication between the device and the WhatsApp server.
How to Fix Whatsapp Status not Updating or Showing Views
1. Test and Improve your Internet Connection
The social media app requires a strong network connection to update your status than regular messaging. Therefore you must check and make sure that you have enough internet connection to update your Whatsapp status.
You have very little or no chance to update your status successfully as a WhatsApp user if you have very low internet connectivity. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and try again to upload an image or video on your Whatsapp status.
To rectify this issue whether you have a high or low internet connection, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
After checking whether your internet connection is poor or strong and you realize you are having a speed of your network ranging below 3Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very problematic. If it is 3Mbps or higher, then you are good to go.
You, therefore, have to either connect to a stronger network connection or upload your network server with enough data allocation. After this try to upload a WhatsApp status so that you can verify if you still face the issue of WhatsApp status not updating or not.
2. Turn On and Off Your Airplane Mode
After checking the strength of your internet connection and you find out it is low but you have a good data allocation, then you can also better the internet connection by turning on and off the Airplane mode. Turning on and off the Airplane is one of the best ways to check internet connection problems.
Many users of the internet who complained of network issues have tried this method and have brought very positive responses. Be sure to have your slow network rectified if you try this step of troubleshooting With this, the network will go off automatically and it will come back probably stronger than before.
Try this by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone. Scroll through and find Connections.
2. After selecting Connections, tap on Flight mode and turn it off if it was mistakenly turned on. If it is off already, turn it on, wait for about a minute and turn it on again,
3. Try sending a status now and check if you still see your WhatsApp status will update.
2. Check if the Whatsapp System is Down
Although you may be the cause of your Whatsapp status not updating, you should also know that it is not always that WhatsApp-related problems are self-inflicted. This is due to the fact that there are general glitches that happen in the systems of Whatsapp, which causes all users to get stuck accessing the app sometimes.
This may occur when you are trying to send and receive messages as well as send statuses on WhatsApp. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
This issue with the WhatsApp server may occur even before you launch the app or when you are in the course of using the app. You can just get stuck in your status upload or messages you send will not tick and you will not receive messages either.
For that matter, you should not hesitate to check the state of the Whatsapp server using Down Detector to check if the Whatsapp system is actually down or not. Search for “WhatsApp” on the software and check if they serve you with Whatsapp outage reports in your area.
Aside from checking the state of the WhatsApp server, you can also check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from WhatsApp concerning their app malfunctions.
3. Try Using a VPN to Access WhatsApp
Find a temporary VPN and use it if, after checking the condition of the WhatsApp server, you have a problem updating your WhatsApp status and it is indeed WhatsApp’s issue. Actually, the Whatsapp server’s temporal problem may not affect the entire planet; rather, it may only affect your area.
For that matter, you should find a VPN to use, which will allow you to change your device’s IP address and use a new one, as though you are accessing the Whatsapp app in a different region. When you do that, you can easily upload your status now because you will no longer be affected by the Whatsapp status “not showing views” error.
Make sure you cross-check the least affected regions concerning the malfunction of the WhatsApp server so that you use your VPN to connect to a different server. To have a VPN that preferably works with the Whatsapp app, try NordVPN to access the app and successfully send and upload WhatsApp statuses.
4. Relaunch the WhatsApp Application
After being sure of the strength of your internet connection and you realize it is very strong enough to enable you to upload your WhatsApp status successfully, one of the quickest and simplest ways to deal with such issues concerning the WhatsApp status is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it.
To do this, you must leave the Whatsapp app and clear all running apps in the background. If you are using the browser to access Whatsapp, then you should clear the Whatsapp web tab and open it on a new tab.
This will close all current runnings on your WhatsApp and reload everything again when you relaunch it, which may give you a better experience now. After closing the app, wait for a while and relaunch the app and check if you still encounter the issue of Whatsapp status not updating.
5. Restart Your Device
After you relaunch the Whatsapp application and your WhatsApp status is still not showing views on android, then you should try to reboot the phone you are using to access the app.
Restarting the phone may be a solution to curb Whatsapp status not updating or sending as there could be technical glitches hindering the status from updating.
With this problem, turn off the phone using the turn off button and turn the phone on again after the phone has been totally switched off totally. You can also simply use the restart option to make it easier to reboot the device after the automatic restarting of the device when it has been turned off.
After rebooting the phone, relaunch the Whatsapp app to identify if you will still wonder why WhatsApp status is not updating. Well after you have restarted your phone, you should expect your WhatsApp status to upload now.
6. Launch Whatsapp with the Whatsapp Web
After going through all the above processes and your Whatsapp status is still now showing views, then it may also be a problem with the Whatsapp application on your android or iOS device so you should consider launching Whatsapp with the use of the Whatsapp web on your browser.
By doing this, use the processes recommended as follows:
- Launch the browser on your phone or personal computer.
- Use the address bar to get to whatsapp.com and launch it.
3. After launching Whatsapp using Whatsapp web, open Whatsapp on your phone.
4. Tap on the three horizontal dots at the top right of your WhatsApp page and tap on settings.
5. Select WhatsApp web and use the scanning screen to capture the code on your PC.
6. After linking your WhatsApp to that of WhatsApp web on your PC, You should check if your WhatsApp status is now showing views or otherwise.
7. Clear the Whatsapp App Cache and Data
Mostly these issues we face with the WhatsApp application such as the Whatsapp status not showing any views on android or iOS is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Whatsapp app cache.
- Close the Whatsapp app on your phone
- Long press the app till the sub-window shows and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on the clear cache to clear the Whatsapp app cache
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
8. Update the Whatsapp App
If you are still facing issues with the Whatsapp status even after clearing the Whatsapp app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the Whatsapp app or uninstall and reinstall it.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Whatsapp that does not allow you to use the app entirely. Whatsapp is actually fond of making updates these days on its various features.
You should update the app as soon as possible so that you use the app without facing problems like, “Whatsapp status not showing views today“.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Whatsapp app
- Close all apps running in the background including the Whatsapp app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device.
- Search for Whatsapp in the search bar.
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of “Whatsapp status not updating”.
9. Reinstall the Whatsapp App
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Close the Whatsapp app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for Whatsapp in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Facebook on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue.
10. Check the Type of Image or Text You’re Sending
The Whatsapp app does not accept just any type of file or media to be uploaded on the Whatsapp status. Because not every media you try to upload on the status is accepted.
It has been confirmed by Whatsapp that only a video length of 30 seconds can be uploaded on the Whatsapp status.
Aside from splitting the video into intervals of thirty seconds, you can also download the Splitter App on Playstore or iOS. If the kind of media you are uploading on your status is not compatible with the Whatsapp app, then you should not waste your precious time trying to upload a video on your WhatsApp status.
The problem may either be the format of the media(video), size, and storage. For the format of the video, AVI format is not compatible with WhatsApp and cannot be uploaded on the WhatsApp status. Video formats that are compatible with Whatsapp and can be uploaded on the Whatsapp status are MP4, MOV, and MKV.
Therefore if the video you are uploading is not compatible with WhatsApp, then you should convert it to a compatible format (MP4, MOV, MKV) before you can successfully upload it to your WhatsApp status. Converter apps that you can download on Playstore for your android include:
- Video Converter by Inverse.
- Media Converter.
- Video Format Factory.
- Video Converter MP4, 3GP, MKV Cutter Trimmer.
- Video Converter Android.
- Video Converter by VidSoftLab.
- Full Video Converter.
Video converter apps for your iOS also include:
- Videora iPhone Converter
- Video Proc
- iConv Video Converter
- PlayerXtreme Media Player.
- Media Converter by Junjie Ruan
You must also ensure that the video you are trying to upload is not more than 16MB. Having a video size of more than 50MB may result in the freezing of the Whatsapp app which may lead to further complications.
If you find out that is the issue, then you should endeavor to either compress the size of the video using win-rar.com.
You may also have your video considered as a GIF if it is less than 1.5MB. Therefore if you want your WhatsApp status update to be neatly uploaded then you should have between a preferably 2MB to 16MB video or image size.
11. Re-upload the WhatsApp Status
When you try uploading the media on your Whatsapp and after a long wait, it is still very difficult to upload the WhatsApp status successfully, then you should try deleting the media you tried to upload and upload it again.
If you want to try this, just tap on the status update that is still trying to upload or long-press the “Retry” and delete it. Go into your gallery and re-upload the media you wanted to post initially.
Updating the same Whatsapp status you just saved does not really require you to add media icons, emojis, music, or any add-on things anymore. Try this and check if you still face the issue of Whatsapp status not showing views
12. Contact WhatsApp Support Centre
All of the above troubleshooting methods are possible ways to resolve the issue and therefore if you still find it very troubling to face the issue of WhatsApp status not updating on iPhone or Android.
After going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the WhatsApp Support Center. They help you to get a solution to the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why is my WhatsApp status not updating on android? or “Why is WhatsApp status not showing views on iPhone“.
Visiting the WhatsApp site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue of WhatsApp status not updating after all. You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Launch your WhatsApp and go to your Whatsapp chat page. Tap on the three horizontal buttons at the top right of your WhatsApp page and go to Settings.
2. Tap on Help on the WhatsApp settings page.
3. After choosing Help, then you should tap on Help Centre, where you can report problems.
4. After choosing Help Centre, then you should report your problem of WhatsApp status not showing views on android or iOS, and they will reply to you in a simple WhatsApp message in a short while to respond to your issue.
How to Fix Whatsapp Status not Updating or Showing Up (Conclusion)
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix WhatsApp status not showing views, and know the reasons that caused you to beat yourself over the issue.
This article gives you direct guidelines to fix the issue and know how to go about your issue with your Whatsapp status in the comfort of your home.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, your android or iPhone having wrong server communications, large file size, and wrong format among others.