Have you been having some issues with your Instagram because you are facing the “Instagram couldn’t load activity” error? Then look no further as we give you the best guidelines to remedy this issue. Read more!
Users of Instagram do not continue to be amazed by the interesting features the Instagram app brings to the fore but it is only an undisputable fact that Instagram is actually prone to glitches these days.
Such glitches do not exclude the Instagram couldn’t load activity error which we are here to guide you to resolve!
Most users have reported that their Instagram keeps saying “Couldn’t load activity error” on their Instagram screen. This happens in different cases while using any of the features of the Instagram app.
The users may be trying to load feeds, send messages through Instagram Direct Messages, trying to view stories, trying to upload stories, trying to post, or load a reel among others. While trying to do any of these activities on your Instagram, you may just see an error message pop up telling you Instagram Couldn’t load activity error.
For this reason, do not hesitate. Just join us to go through why you see Instagram couldn’t load activity errors and find the best ways to remedy the issue. Continue reading!
Why do I see Instagram Couldn’t load activity error?
As a frequent Instagram user, you should not be too worried about this issue when you actually know the fault that is causing you to receive the Instagram couldn’t load activity error. You should know that this error you receive is usually self-inflicted.
This means that it may be your fault that you are facing the issue. On the other side, it may be the fault of Instagram that you are receiving this error. For that matter, why don’t you join us to go through the actual reasons why you are seeing the Instagram couldn’t load error?
- Glitches by app cache and data.
- Poor internet connection.
- Usage of third-party Instagram apps.
- Being flagged for spam.
- Issues with your current account type.
- Outdated Instagram account.
- Glitches from the device.
Fixes for Instagram Couldn’t Load Activity Error.
1. Check Internet Connectivity
It is highly advisable that you have a very stable internet connection before you start using the Instagram app. Therefore this is one of the quickest ways to deal with such issues like this.
When you realize you cannot load activities on Instagram anymore, then you should know that it may be the cause of a low internet connection to load Instagram activities. You have to check and make sure that you have enough internet connection to go use the Instagram app.
When you lack a strong internet connection, it gives you very little or no chance to access the app, hence giving you problems like Instagram couldn’t load activity error. To remedy this, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
When you are done checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you are having a speed of your network ranging below 5Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very worrying.
Therefore it is advised that you get a better data location then you can try again to see if you still have the Instagram couldn’t load activity error.
2. Turn On and Off Your Airplane Mode
After you are done with the first troubleshooting step by checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize it is low but you have a good data allocation, then you can make the internet connection better by turning on and off the Airplane mode.
Turning on and off the Airplane mode is one of the best ways to check the internet connection and network problems with your mobile phone.
A lot of users of the internet who complained of network issues have tried this method and have brought very positive responses. Be sure to have your slow network checked if you try this step of troubleshooting With this, the network will go off automatically and it will come back probably stronger than before.
Try this by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone. Scroll through and find Connections.
2. After selecting Connections, tap on Flight mode and turn it off if it was mistakenly turned on. If it is off already, turn it on, wait for about a minute, and turn it on again,
3. Try to load an Instagram feed now and check if it is working now.
3. Relaunch the Instagram App
Another expeditious and simple way to deal with such issues concerning Instagram couldn’t load activity is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it. To do this, you must leave the Instagram app and clear all running apps in the background.
If you are using the web browser to access the Instagram app, you should clear the Instagram web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the Instagram app, relaunch the app and check if you can still see the Instagram couldn’t load activity error.
4. Restart Your Device
One other simple way to deal with your Instagram couldn’t load activity error is by restarting your device. Your Instagram may not work as usual if background processes on your phone are slowing down the speed of the phone to make the app work effectively.
Therefore it is very necessary to deal with this issue by restarting your device. For Android, iOS users and Windows users, the process to undertake this method has been listed below:
- Press and hold your phone’s power button for a few seconds.
- When you see the power menu tap on restart or tap on Power off
- If you chose Power off, wait a while and turn on the phone again.
- When the phone turns on again, launch the Instagram app.
- Try to load any of Instagram’s features.
- Press and hold your iPhone’s side button or volume button.
- When the power-off slider comes up, drag it to turn the phone off.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it back on.
5. Use the Instagram Web Version
After relaunching the Instagram app to solve the issue, using the process above and you still see Instagram couldn’t load error, then it may also be a problem with the Instagram application on your android or iOS device so you should consider launching Instagram with the use of the Instagram web on your browser.
By doing this, use the processes recommended as follows:
- Launch the browser on your phone or personal computer.
- Use the address bar to get to instagram.com and launch it.
- After launching Instagram via the Instagram web, open Instagram on your phone.
- Log in to your Instagram account using the Instagram web.
- Now check if you still have the issue of Instagram activities not loading.
6. Check your Instagram account status
Instagram does not allow users to go live on the app if their account has breached Instagram community guidelines. Instagram has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
Therefore, it is important to know that if you have breached any of the Instagram community guidelines, then you are going to be suspended from using the app or permanent removal from your Instagram account.
This is how to check whether your Instagram account has been suspended or removed.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- On your Instagram feed, tap on your Instagram profile.
- At your Instagram profile, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right of your profile.
- Tap on Settings.
- Look through and find “Account” and tap on it.
- Find “Account status” and tap on it.
- There, you will be told if you have posted anything that is affecting your account status.
7. Delete All Third-Party Instagram Plugins and Apps
It is very necessary to know as an Instagram user that, the usage of third-party apps or plugins that were not approved by the Instagram app results in your account facing a lot of glitches and issues
In this case, your account may have been hacked by the creators of those third-party apps because they have access to your logins without any privacy agreements. For that matter, you will have the option to uninstall all the third-party plugins and apps of Instagram.
There are various third-party apps on the Play store and app store that are known for increasing followers and views for users, among others. You should get rid of them as soon as possible.
These apps may have interrupted the correct function of your Instagram account, also resulting in a breach of Instagram community guidelines. Failing to uninstall these apps may lead to a permanent ban on your Instagram account or continuous errors on Instagram.
To uninstall the third-party plugins and apps Instagram, kindly follow the steps below:
- Look for the third-party Instagram app in your app menu.
- Long press it till a pop-up window shows.
- Tap on uninstall.
- Confirm to uninstall the app.
- Wait for the app to be successfully uninstalled.
- Check if you can access your Instagram account after a successful uninstallation of all the third-party plugins and apps of Instagram.
8. Avoid Spamming on Instagram
When you spam hashtags with several uses you may not know just to draw some attention from all social media users to your account, it is very unadvisable on the Instagram app as spamming is highly prohibited by Instagram.
Instagram users who practice spamming may find themselves wanting in the end because they may attract a block of their account, which will obviously cause their feed activities to stop working as usual.
9. Check if the Instagram Sever is Down
As said earlier, it is not always that the issues you face with your Instagram couldn’t load activity is your fault. . This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Instagram, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to log in to the app, load or upload a feed, upload Instagram stories, or go live on Instagram. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
Because of that, you should not hesitate to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Instagram” and check if they serve you with Instagram outage reports in your area.
Aside from this, you can also check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from Instagram about their app malfunctions.
10. Try Using a VPN to Access Instagram
When you are done checking the status of the Instagram server and it is actually the fault of Instagram that you have an Instagram couldn’t load activity issue, then you should find a temporal VPN and use it. Actually, the conditions of the temporal malfunction of the Instagram server may not be the entire world but just your region.
Because of that, you should find a VPN to use temporarily, which will allow you to change your device’s IP address and use a new one, as though you are accessing the Instagram app in a different region. When you do that, you can simply load Instagram activities now.
Make sure you cross-check the least affected regions concerning the malfunction of the Instagram server so that you use your VPN to connect to a different server.
To have a VPN that preferably works with the Instagram app, try NordVPN to access the app and successfully see your Instagram activities loading now.
11. Logout Instagram and Sign in Again
After checking to see if the fault is from the Instagram app that you see the Instagram couldn’t load activity error on your screen and you realize it is rather self-inflicted, you should consider logging out of Instagram and signing in again. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile
- Search and tap on settings
- Scroll down to tap on log out of account
- After you’ve been successfully logged out, insert the correct password and username to log in to Instagram.
- Check out if you can now load activity on Instagram.
12. Switch from Personal Account to Professional Account or Vice Versa
One other means that have been confirmed by several users who faced the issue of Instagram Can’t Load activity, is to either switch from your personal account to the professional account or the professional account to the personal account.
It may only be a glitch affecting your Instagram personal account feature, which is causing your account not to load activity. For that matter, you should not hesitate to switch accounts so that you can know if that is where the problem is coming from or not.
To do this follow the steps below:
- Launch your updated Instagram app on your phone.
- Insert your correct email or username and password for your Instagram account.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- At your profile, tap on “Edit Profile“.
- Scroll through and tap on either “Switch to Professional Account”/ “Switch to Personal Account“.
- Tap OK to confirm your selection.
13. Clear Instagram App Cache and Data
Many a time these issues as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Instagram app cache.
- Close the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on clear cache to clear the Instagram app cache
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Instagram account, you should try clearing cookies on the browser. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files.
- Click on clear data.
- All the cache and cookies will be cleared and you can access Instagram on the browser again.
14. Clear Browsing History or Data on Browser
After you have tried to clear the cache on the Instagram web and it is still to no avail, then you should try clearing browsing data or browser history. To do this, go by the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner
- Go to settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the box next to browsing history.
- Click on clear data.
Using the Safari OS to do this, follow the steps below:
- Select Safari on the menu bar.
- Select the option, “ Clear History”
- This will wipe off all browsing history from the Safari OS.
15. Update the Instagram App or Reinstall the Instagram App
If you are still seeing the error message on PC, Android or iOS even after clearing the Instagram app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Instagram that does not permit you to use the app effectively and for that matter, you should update it as soon as possible so that you can log in to the app without facing issues like Instagram live not loading on your iPhone.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Instagram app:
- Close all apps running in the background including the Instagram app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device
- Search for Instagram in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Clos the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Instagram app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Instagram on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Instagram live not working.
16. Login to Instagram on a Different Device or Browser
Most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as Instagram live not working.
Due to that, it is advised that you log out of the Instagram app on your phone if possible, and log in to another device or another browser. When using a browser to access the social media platform, it is advised that you use browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Safari browser.
We believe that it is highly possible that your Instagram account will work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of the different situations your device may find itself in.
17. Contact Instagram Support Centre
All of the above options on how to fix Instagram live not working to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very difficult to deal with the challenge of Instagram live not working on iOS, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Instagram Support Center.
They aid you to remedy the issue in the best way, answering questions like “Why is my Instagram live delayed?” or “Why am I not seeing comments on Instagram live?”
Finally, we advise that you visit their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue. You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile.
2. Scroll through the options and select Settings.
3. Scroll through the settings options and tap on Help.
4. Scroll through the Help options and Report a problem.
5. After choosing Report a problem, type your problem of either Instagram activities not working, Instagram couldn’t load activity error, or Instagram feed not loading on iOS, android or PC.
18. Create Another Instagram Account
It is very advisable that you eventually have to create another Instagram account if all the options you have tried above tend to fail. There is actually a chance that you may not be able to load activities on Instagram in your current account anymore.
Therefore we advise that you go ahead to create a new Instagram account in order to continue the very interesting features of the social media platform.
These are things you should know while creating a new Instagram account to add to your previous account.
- You are not allowed to use the previous or the same email account you used to sign up for your previous account. Therefore you either have to use a different email account you have or create a new one so that you can create a new Instagram account successfully.
- You cannot use your previous username or the same username you used to sign up for your previous account. If you do this, you will be alerted that the name of the account you are about to use has already been used by another Instagram user. Therefore, you are not permitted to use the account.
- You will not be allowed to create an Instagram account if you are below the age of 13 years. Therefore you should be careful about the date you use when filling in the birthday section.
- Use a valid email address so that you can receive the confirmation code you need to sign up from Instagram.
We are pretty sure you have now found a remedy to your problem with your Instagram couldn’t load activity error.
Therefore you should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to load your Instagram activities now, and know the reasons that caused you to beat yourself over the issue.
This article gives you direct guidelines to fix the issue and know how to go about your issue with your Instagram app with regard to your account in the comfort of your home.
Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix Instagram couldn’t load activity error on Android and iOS devices in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.