Wondering how to find someone on TikTok with phone number. With TikTok’s functionality that enables you to search for people’s profiles using their phone number, it’s really easy to discover them if you have their contacts saved.
With this feature, you can find someone’s TikTok via their phone number even if you have no clue about any other information they have put out there on their TikTok accounts.
This implies that you do not necessarily have to know their TikTok email, username or profile name before being able to connect with them.
By having their phone number, there’s a high likelihood you know them in real life. Hence, even if you don’t know the above-mentioned details about them on TikTok, mere seeing their profile picture will make you recognize them.
That said, here’s to how to find someone on TikTok with their phone number:
- Add them to your contact list if you have not already done that.
- Allow TikTok to Synchronize your Contacts
- Search for their profile using their phone number
Let’s take a closer look at each step.
1. Step 1: Add Them to Your Contacts
Your contact list is so helpful when it comes to finding TikTok accounts by mobile number.
To use a persons phone number to find them on TikTok, you must have first saved it into your contacts.
The person you’re searching for should not necessarily have your contact for this to work.
However, the opposite is true; their mobile number must be in your phonebook. For this reason, ensure you save your friend’s number before proceeding.
2. Step 2: Sync Your Contacts with TikTok
As said earlier, TikTok works with your contacts. This is not to say that searching profiles by phone is the only way to find users on TikTok. You could equally search for someone on TikTok by other means, such as by email or username.
However, to be able to find users by phone number, TikTok has to synchronize with your contact list.
For TikTok to synchronize with your contact list, you must have given the necessary permissions in the first place.
Follow the steps below to accomplish that.
How to Sync your Contacts with TikTok
- Step 1: Tap on the profile icon at the lower right corner.
- Step 2: On your profile page, tap the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- Step 3: Tap on “Settings and privacy.”
- Step 4: Select “Privacy” then proceed to tap on “Sync contacts and Facebook friends.”
- Step 5: Turn on the toggle for “Sync contacts.”
Applying the above steps enables you to be discovered by your contacts and more importantly helps you discover other users on TikTok by phone number.
3. Step 3: Search for them Using their Phone Number
After the aforementioned conditions are met – you have the person’s contact and you have allowed contact syncing with TikTok – you can now start searching for the person.
To actually search for someone on TikTok with their phone number follow these simple steps:
- On your TikTok profile page, tap on the icon at the top left corner (Find Friends button).
- The “Find friends” page will open. Though you’ll see a list of suggested accounts of people you may know, tap on “Contacts” to see a complete list of all your contacts on TikTok.
- Here, you will be able to find TikTok profiles of your friends and family whose phone numbers you’ve saved.
- Simply tap on the “Follow” button to connect with the TikTok account owner you were looking for.
Can you find someone on TikTok without phone number?
Yes, you can find someone on TikTok without their phone number. This has been made possible because TikTok allows you to find people in varied ways. Searching for people by phone number is just one approach.
Apart from mobile number, you can search for people on TikTok by their email, username, name, their Facebook profile name, through Twitter and by scanning the TikTok QR code.
One way to find someone on TikTok is to search for their username on the TikTok website or app. To do this, you can simply enter the person’s username into the search bar on the app or website and their profile should appear in the search results.
Another way to find someone on TikTok is to use a TikTok account finder tool, such as TruthFinder, Instant Checkmate, or Intelius. These tools allow you to search for someone’s TikTok account by entering their name, email address, or username. However, it’s important to note that some of these tools may require a fee or subscription to use.
If you have a TikTok account, you can also sync your contacts and Facebook friends to find people you know on the platform. To do this, you can go to your profile page and tap the “Find friends” button in the upper left corner. From there, you can choose to sync your phone contacts and Facebook friends to see if any of them are on TikTok.