As a frequent Instagram user, have you ever been bothered by the issue of “can’t log in to Instagram” on the social media app? Or ever seen “There was a problem login you into Instagram? Please try again soon”?
There are several times that Instagram users find it very difficult to be able to access the account as a user using their personal usernames, emails, or passwords and that becomes very worrying especially when you know you have your username and password very accurately.
Many a time, this issue is either encountered as an Instagram user regardless of the device you are using to access the app, be it a phone or a PC.
The error where you can’t login to Instagram comes in diverse ways and many users across the globe encounter their own kind of Instagram “can’t login to Instagram” error.
Let us delve into the different types of Instagram login problems that you may encounter.
Different Types of Instagram Login Errors
Most users wonder why they are crashed by this error and go on to wonder “why can’t I login to Instagram?” or “why won’t Instagram log me in?” and “why isn’t my Instagram working?”.
These errors that you face come in different folds on different occasions as far as an error in the system is concerned.
It is these kinds of errors that make Instagram users beat themselves just because the app is not responding the usual way. Want to know the kinds of messages that follow the errors you encounter with your Instagram login? Then read the different kinds of Instagram login errors.
- Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
- Forgotten password for username?
- There was a problem with logging you in to Instagram. Please try again soon.
- The username you entered doesn’t belong to an account. Please check your username and try again.
- We couldn’t connect to your Instagram. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and try again.
- Sorry, we can’t login to your account.
- Sorry, can’t login to Instagram.
It is usually very frustrating to find yourself in such a mess when you want to access your Instagram account to either do the usual posting of pictures, and videos, posting on Instagram story, texting, or even sharing content.
Some even face this issue whilst using the app, when Instagram quickly logs you out even when you think the Instagram app was working correctly. Just after that, you try to login to the account and all you see is “can’t login to Instagram” or “sorry, we can’t sign to your account”.
Fortunately for you, as an Instagram user facing the issue of Instagram “can’t login to Instagram”, most of these issues you have encountered or may encounter are self-inflicted and you can definitely resolve them when you know the remedy to every single issue.
Trust me, you wouldn’t beat yourself when you face this issue, definitely after reading this!
10 Reasons for the “Instagram Won’t Let Me Log in” Issue
The all-time questions that funny enough, Instagram users all over the world keep on asking themselves whenever they face this issue“why can’t I login to Instagram?” or “why won’t Instagram log me in” and “why isn’t my Instagram working?”, definitely have the route of the issue.
Since most of these errors we see are self-inflicted, then why don’t we check out the reasons for the sudden errors that confront you in the comfort of your homes or wherever you are accessing the Instagram app? Below are the reasons that account for the regular Instagram “can’t login” error.
- Inaccurate entry of Instagram username or password.
- The account might have been logged in on another device unrecognized by the Instagram app.
- Outdated version of the device you’re using to access the app.
- Outdated version of the Instagram app you are currently using
- Your Instagram account may have been blocked
- Your Instagram account may have been disabled or deleted.
- Wrong communication between the device and the Instagram server.
- Poor internet connectivity.
- Hardware issue with a mobile device
- Outdated date and time on the device.
How to fix “can’t login to Instagram” error
1. Relaunch the Instagram app
One of the quickest and simplest ways to deal with such issues concerning “can’t login to Instagram” error, is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it.
For this, you must leave the Instagram app and clear all running apps in the background. If you are using the browser to access the Instagram app, then you should clear the Instagram web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the app, relaunch the app and check if you still encounter the issue of “can’t login to Instagram”.
2. Check internet connectivity
After quickly quitting the app and relaunching it if it still does not work for you, then you should definitely check your internet connection.
As soon as you insert your username or email and password and you are not able to login successfully, then you should know that it may be caused by a low internet connection to load the Instagram app.
You have to check and make sure that you have enough internet connection to access the app. Lack of a strong internet connection gives you very little or no chance to access the app, hence giving you problems like “We couldn’t connect to your Instagram”.
Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and try again”. To rectify this, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using www.fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
Upon checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you are having the speed of your network ranging below 3Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very problematic.
You, therefore, have to either connect to a stronger network or upload your network server with enough data allocation.
3. Clear Instagram app cache and data
Many a time these issues we face such as the “can’t login to Instagram” error is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device.
It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Instagram app cache.
- Close the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till the sub-window shows and tap on app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on clear cache to clear the Instagram app cache.
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Instagram account, you should try clearing cookies on the browser. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on settings
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files
- Click on clear data
- All the cache and cookies will be cleared and you can access Instagram on the browser again.
4. Clear Browsing history or data on the browser
After you have tried to clear cache on the Instagram web and it is still to no avail, then you should try clearing browsing data or browser history. To do this, go by the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft edge).
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Go to settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select to clear browsing data.
- Tick the box next to the browsing history.
- Click on clear data.
Using the Safari OS to do this, follow the steps below:
- Select Safari on the menu bar
- Select the option, “ Clear History”
- This will wipe off all browsing history from the Safari OS.
5. Update the Instagram app or reinstall the Instagram app
If you are still facing issues with the “can’t login to Instagram” error even after clearing the Instagram app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Instagram that does not permit you to use the app and for that matter, you should update it as soon as possible so that you can login the app without facing problems like, “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Instagram app.
- Close all apps running in the background including the Instagram app.
- Go to Google Play store or App store on your device
- Search for Instagram in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the Instagram app.
- Check to see if the Instagram app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue “sorry, can’t login to Instagram”.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Close the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Instagram app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Instagram on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of “can’t login to Instagram”.
6. Reset the outdated date and time on the device.
- Go to your phone apps menu and tap on settings
- Tap on General settings or general management
- Look for Date and Time and tap on it
- Use automatic date and time to be provided by your network or set date and time manually
- Go back to Instagram and check if you still have the issue of “something went wrong please try again later”.
7. Reset you Instagram password
Well, it happens that sometimes in as much as you know and you are sure of your Instagram password, you may just be missing one or two characters slightly that you may never realize.
But then, if you realize you cannot remember or you have checked and the system is still not permitting you to use the Instagram app, then you should definitely reset the password.
If the details of your Instagram password and username are inserted automatically by your device, then you should insert them yourself so that you become very sure of the accurate password you must be inserting in order to login to your Instagram account.
After all these and it does not work out, use the steps given below to reset your Instagram password.
- Tap on “Get help logging in”
- Go to the “Find your account section”
- Insert either your username, email address or phone number linked to your account
- Choose to receive the reset password either by email or text message to your number
- Try login to Instagram now to check if you can now access your account.
8. Login to Instagram with Facebook
Instagram and Facebook all owned by Mark Zuckerberg, have been connected as two social media platforms. Therefore you can access your Instagram account via Facebook. But before you login to Instagram via Facebook, you should have already linked your Facebook account with your Instagram account.
Other than that, do not waste your time login to Instagram through Facebook when you know you have not linked the two accounts or you even do not have a Facebook account.
Kindly use this opportunity to link your Facebook account to your Instagram account now so that you do not encounter problems in the future trying to login the instagram account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Go to your profile directly or tap on your profile picture to take you there.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right and choose settings
- Select Instagram
- To add the Instagram account to your Facebook account, tap on Connect account.
- Make sure you allow access to Instagram messages in your inbox.
- Click continue and enter your Instagram password and select login
If you have already done the above, then you should just tap on Instagram in the settings section and log in.
9. Log in to Instagram on a different device or browser
This troubleshooting works because most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as “can’t login to Instagram”.
For that matter, it is advised that you log out of Instagram if possible and login on another device or another browser. When using a browser to access the social media platform, it is advised that you use browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Safari browser.
It is highly possible that your Instagram account will work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of different conditions your devices may have.
10. Contact Instagram Support Centre
All of the above options on how to fix “can’t log in to Instagram” are possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying facing the challenge “We couldn’t connect to your Instagram.
Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and try again”, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Instagram Support Center.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why can’t I login to Instagram”? or “why won’t Instagram log me in?”.
Visiting their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue of Instagram “can’t log in to Instagram” after all.
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix the “can’t login to Instagram” error, and know the reasons that caused you trouble over the issue.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be as a result of your internet connectivity, wrong date and time among others.
This article gives you the main kinds of Instagram login issues that you may encounter, as well as giving you very essential ways to fix the issue. Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix “can’t login to Instagram” error in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.
Check out this too: How to Fix Twitter “Something Went Wrong” Error